Location: Maidenhead SL6, UK
Job Number: 34376
Position Title: QA Engineer
Sr. QA Engineer
The QA team is responsible for ensuring the high-quality of the Cloud Mass Ingestion Databases and PowerExchange products. The overall arena is that of Change Data Capture: The process of collecting changes to a database and propagating those of interest to targets. Engineers in the team are responsible for developing, executing and automating test cases including performance and scalability.
you will participate in the testing effort to ensure enterprise quality software levels for Informatica' s CDC offerings. You will be working in a small team who in turn form part of the larger global Informatica QA department. You will have the chance to drive forward the automation testing of capture and relational data access within this group. You will be part of the move to Continuous integration and continuous delivery and have direct visibility of the importance of your work.
Our Ideal Candidate
We are hiring a senior QA Engineer for the Cloud Mass Ingestion Databases team at Informatica who shall be responsible for all aspects of the QA process including hands-on functional testing along with designing and driving automation. You will test and critique software components and interfaces in great technical depth, write test programs to assure high product quality, design and develop advanced test tools to increase productivity and efficiency.
- Design and develop test plans and test cases based upon functional and design specifications.
- Participate actively in functional, system, and regression testing activities.
- Design, develop and maintain test programs including test tools and automated test suites.
- Work closely with the development team to analyse, debug, and resolve any issues.
- Participate in product functional reviews, test specifications, documentation review.
- Communicate effectively with developers and QA peers and other stakeholders in the QA organization.
- Utilize analytical skills in determining the root cause of problems.
- Able to communicate or present to the whole product team and occasionally across products. Interact with and influence other groups on same product and cross product groups and Geographies
- Create and maintain automated tests within the current framework and make suggestions for improvement
- You will be involved with production product upgrades to the Informatica Cloud offerings that will require live verification of production systems
Your qualifications/ Experience
- BS/MS in Computer Science
- 3 to 6 years of software testing experience
- Test case automation experience using REST API.
- Experience of RDBMS (MSSQL, MySQL, DB2, Oracle)
- Strong working knowledge in Unix/Windows environments.
- Good knowledge in writing SQL scripts for RDBMS
- Excellent problem solving, analytical and technical troubleshooting skills
- Must have a strong knowledge of QA processes and methodologies
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience working in Agile working environment
- Knowledge of Jenkins
- Experience with docker
- Understanding of Database internals.
- Able to write perl/shell scripts
- Knowledge of informatica or any Data management / ETL product.
- Work experience in Automation tools such as selenium, QTP, eclipse-based plugins, etc.
- Experience in QA of products on cloud
- Experience in Big data
- Knowledge in capture domain
- Knowledge of Oracle
- Experience of performance testing
Seniority Level: Associate
Alternative Location(s) :
Community / Marketing Title: QA Engineer
Remote LinkedIn Hashtag:
LinkedIN Hashtag: LI-MJ2
EEO Employer Verbiage:
At Informatica we know diversity drives innovation. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer dedicated to maintaining a work environment free from discrimination, one where all employees are treated with dignity and respect. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, gender, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, religion, age, disability, gender identity, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable law and Informatica policy.
Travel Requirement: Limited
Location_formattedLocationLong: Maidenhead, GB