Lead Software Engineer (Java, backend)
Location: Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
Job Number: 34504
Position Title: Lead Software Engineer
Build Your Career at Informatica
We're looking for a diverse group of collaborators who believe data has the power to improve society. Adventurous, work-from-anywhere minds who value solving some of the world's most challenging problems. Here, employees are encouraged to push their boldest ideas forward, united by a passion to create a world where data improves the quality of life for people and businesses everywhere.
Lead Software Engineer (Java, backend)
Informatica's Connectivity group is responsible for Informatica's ever-expanding data connectivity needs. It's Universal Connectivity theme drives Informatica's vendor neutrality claim and serves as one of the important differentiators over our competitors. Informatica connectors provide connectivity to several interfaces, prominent among them being Cloud Systems, Relational systems, Data warehouse appliances, Hadoop connectors, Web service endpoints, and ERP systems (SAP, Oracle, and Microsoft).
The connector product team researches and delivers connectivity needs to the Informatica Platform that is at the core of Informatica's products. The connectors must perform, be scalable and also need to provide unique and advanced features such as change data capture, push down the optimization, filtering and update strategy to name a few.
We're looking for a Lead Software Engineer with experience in Java, and cloud, to join our team in Bangalore, India.
You will report to Senior Manager, Development.
You will work with a team of developers delivering a the latest platform working with sales, product managers, and professional services. This is your opportunity to accelerate and deliver a scalable hybrid cloud and on-premise platform using the latest big data and cloud technologies. You will deliver new products/product features in an environment that spans all flavors of the cloud ecosystem. You will work across multiple products and create solutions that benefit customers.
Technology You'll Use
Java, Data Structures and Algorithms, Cloud
Your Role Responsibilities? Here's What You'll Do
As part of the Development team, you will be responsible for:
- Develop a scalable architecture that is easy to deploy both on-premise and in the cloud for the connectivity platform
- Collaborate with several teams, architects, product managers, and engineers
- Participate in architecture discussions, design and code reviews and provide feedback
- research and investigate external products and technologies identifying latest trends and revising software development best practices to take advantage of these
- Work with our Global Customer Support teams to address important customer issues
- Work with R&D counterparts and important partners for onboarding onto the connectivity platform
- Help architects and management staff envision product direction
- Provide technical guidance and mentoring to team members
- Hire diverse talent to strengthen the team
What We'd Like to See
- Experience delivering products on AWS, Azure, or GCP
- Experience in Spark and Big Data technologies.
- Knowledge of secure development practices
- Bachelor's in Computer Science or a related discipline with at least 5 years of experience
- Solid programming skills in Java/Scala/C++.
- Good in Data Structures and Algorithms.
- Experience with Java/Scala, scripting, container technologies like Docker/Kubernetes, and cloud architectures
- sharing technical decisions, and discussing complex technical details with teams, executives, and external partners
- Working knowledge on technologies around search, graph, and distributed technologies
- Supervises Operational Duties of Staff
- Minimum 5+ years of relevant professional experience
Perks & Benefits
- Comprehensive health, vision, and wellness benefits (Paid parental leave, adoption benefits, life insurance, disability insurance and 401k plan or international pension/retirement plans
- Flexible time-off policy and hybrid working practices
- Tuition reimbursement program to support your and personal growth
- Equity opportunities and an employee stock purchase program (ESPP)
- Comprehensive Mental Health and Employee Assistance Program (EAP) benefit
We're guided by our DATA values and we are passionate about building and delivering solutions that accelerate data innovations. At Informatica, we know diversity drives innovation. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer dedicated to maintaining a work environment free from discrimination, one where all employees are treated with dignity.
Informatica (NYSE: INFA), an Enterprise Cloud Data Management leader, empowers businesses to achieve the transformative power of data. We have pioneered a new category of software, the Informatica Intelligent Data Management Cloud™ (IDMC), powered by AI and a cloud-first, cloud-native, end-to-end data management platform that unifies data across any multi-cloud, hybrid system, empowering enterprises to modernize and improve their data strategies. Customers in more than 100 countries and 84 of the Fortune 100 rely on Informatica to guide data-led digital transformation. www.informatica.com. Connect with us on LinkedIn, Twitter, and Facebook. Informatica. Cloud First. Data Always™
Seniority Level: Mid-Senior Level
Alternative Location(s) :
Community / Marketing Title: Lead Software Engineer (Java, backend)
Remote LinkedIn Hashtag:
LinkedIN Hashtag: LI-AD1
EEO Employer Verbiage:
At Informatica we know diversity drives innovation. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer dedicated to maintaining a work environment free from discrimination, one where all employees are treated with dignity and respect. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, gender, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, religion, age, disability, gender identity, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable law and Informatica policy.
Travel Requirement: Limited
Location_formattedLocationLong: Bangalore, Karnataka IN