Lead Software Engineer
Location: Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
Job Number: 34593
Position Title: Lead Software Engineer
Informatica Cloud Data Governance & Catalog team is responsible for machine-learning based data catalog to enable organizations to classify, organize and search data assets across On-Premise and Big Data systems. It provides maximum value and reuse of data across the enterprise.
You have an opportunity to design and develop UI for major components of the next generation Cloud and On-Premise offering of the Catalog application. You will be based in Bangalore to work closely with the CDGC Application team. You will get to lead UI by working with UX and backend teams across releases.
Our Ideal Candidate
One who is highly motivated, experienced and professional with good understanding of Object Oriented Design and Programming. Should have good experience in Web based product development. One who is technically strong in UI technologies and frameworks to work well with UX team specified wireframes. The candidate should exhibit good written, verbal and presentation skills to communicate with UX and backend teams. Should have excellent sense of time management to meet deadlines and help peers to meet their goals.
As part of the UI team, you will be responsible for:
- Development of next generation Cloud and On-Premise UI using frameworks defined within Informatica.
- Work with UX and VX teams to review the wireframes/patterns and implement the UI according to specifications.
- Has to understand and implement Accessibility, Security and Localization requirements as part of the UI development.
- Collaborating with backend/services teams to review and agree on REST API specifications.
- Use UI unit testing and automation to make sure we deliver high quality user experience.
- Author functional and design specifications, or sections of larger specifications. Gather review feedback and finalizes specifications.
- Applying company policies and procedures to resolve routine issues.
- To produce reasonable estimates for UI tasks. Meets project schedules.
- Work in Agile software development team to deliver product and feature increments in short iterations.
- Mentor and provide technical guidance to other team members.
- Bachelor’s, or Master’s degree in Computer Science or related field.
- 5+ years of developing Web based UI.
- Strong problem solving and programming skills.
- Hands-on experience in UI technologies/frameworks like jQuery, React.JS, Jasmine.
- Experience with Eclipse, Maven, Linux, Tomcat is mandatory.
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills.
- Knowledge of Data Structures and algorithms.
- Passion for developing high quality products and experience with Unit Testing.
- Familiarity with Agile development methodologies.
- Professional experience with Java/J2EE programming.
- Experience in REST API development and use.
Seniority Level: Mid-Senior Level
Alternative Location(s) :
Community / Marketing Title: Lead Software Engineer
Remote LinkedIn Hashtag:
Where data is poised for greatness
A career with Informatica gives you all the opportunities and benefits that can only come from working for the trusted industry leader. By joining our team, you'll be able to solve real-life problems, make a difference, have a global impact, and join a supportive group of globally diverse teammates. We encourage you to be yourself, grow with us and help us create a world where data is poised for greatness.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
We’re driven by our DATA values and we are passionate about building and delivering solutions that accelerate data innovations.
Perks and Benefits:
- Inclusion, diversity, equality and belonging (IDEB) – our commitment to fostering a culture that celebrates our unique differences
- Comprehensive and competitive health and wellness benefits, including paid parental leave and adoption benefits, and 401k plan or international pension/retirement plans
- Flexible time-off policy and hybrid working practices
- Global recognition program for employees and leaders to reward and recognize each other
- Global learning organization with mentorship opportunities and a tuition reimbursement program to support your professional and personal growth
- Equity opportunities and a robust employee stock purchase program (ESPP)
- Comprehensive Mental Health and Employee Assistance Program (EAP) benefit
- Referral Bonuses
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
Informatica, the Enterprise Cloud Data Management leader, empowers businesses to realize the transformative power of data. We have pioneered a new category of software, the Informatica Intelligent Data Management Cloud (IDMC), powered by AI and a cloud-first, cloud-native, end-to-end data management platform that connects, manages and unifies data across any multi-cloud, hybrid system, empowering enterprises to modernize and advance their data strategies. Customers in more than 100 countries and 85 of the Fortune 100 rely on Informatica to drive data-led digital transformation. For more information, visit us at www.informatica.com, LinkedIn, Twitter, and Facebook.
Travel Requirement: Limited
Location_formattedLocationLong: Bangalore, Karnataka IN