Lead Software Engineer
Location: Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
Job Number: 34597
Position Title: Lead Software Engineer
Cloud Data Governance and Catalog - CDGC is Informatica's cloud-native AI driven data catalog and governance solution that lets customers to classify and organize data assets across cloud, on-premises, and big data sources. CDGC is the core component of Informatica Data Management Cloud - IDMC and ensures that the customer’s data is transformed to valuable information by continuous extraction, classification, quality measures, privacy validations, compliances etc.
We are looking for a Principal Software Engineer with a proven track record of developing and delivering cloud-scale software solutions to join the CMG group in our Bangalore location. In this role, you will be responsible for design, development and delivery of Services that are core to the cloud data governance solutions. Your responsibilities will include interfacing with the Project Management team to understand the requirements and translate them into HLD FSDS and architecture documents by closely working with the architects and follow ups with the PM teams. You will play the anchor role in engineering the PM requirements into cloud solutions and ensuring the stability, scalability, resiliency and maintainability aspects of the solutions.
Our Ideal Candidate
You need to be a technology enthusiast with a go getter attitude, strong problem solver with solid analytical and solutioning skills. Agile with alternate solutions to changing requirements and one who does not compromise on the quality of the architecture, coding best practices and design principles while prioritizes the strategy for the timely and incremental delivery of features. Should be an approachable individual who can motivate and mentor the junior members of the team and work well with the rest of the team members regardless of their seniority or expertise levels. Collaborate effectively with the stakeholders and communicate the risks and alternate plans on a continuous basis.
As an integral part of the CMG, R&D team you will be responsible for the following –
- Design and development of new microservices starting from onboarding to the CICD pipelines, continuous update and validation on various QA, pre-production and the production deployments
- Development of new features & enhancements to the existing CDGC services
- Collaborating effectively with peer engineers, and architects to solve complex problems spanning their respective areas to deliver end-to-end components & features.
- Handling customers escalations that are routed to R&D from Global customer support (would require you to re-prioritize your tasks efficiently)
- Gathering and interpreting broad requirement specifications from customers/Product Management that are not yet fully defined.
- Producing techno-functional specs and designs based on high level requirements.
- Estimating efforts, identify risks, meet project schedules.
- Be a top performer and team player that enjoy challenging assignments in a high-energy and fast paced distributed workplace
- Work in an agile software development team delivering product and feature increments in short iterations
BS/MS/PhD in Computer Science or related fields.
- BS/MS/PhD in Computer Science or related fields.
- solid understanding of cloud native development and deployment processes
- Good understanding of Docker and Kubernetes stack
- 6+ years of experience in developing enterprise grade software products using Java technologies
- Experience with CICD pipelines, build tools, source control tools.
- Strong debugging skills and ensure to deliver solutions that are easy to debug and maintain with adequate logging and debugging capabilities.
- Experience with database concepts, SQL programming is mandatory
- Strong problem solving, troubleshooting and analytical skills.
- Ability to quickly learn new technologies in a dynamic environment.
- Good organization, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Familiarity with Agile development process
Seniority Level: Mid-Senior Level
Alternative Location(s) :
Community / Marketing Title: Lead Software Engineer
Remote LinkedIn Hashtag:
LinkedIN Hashtag: LI-MR2
Where data is poised for greatness
A career with Informatica gives you all the opportunities and benefits that can only come from working for the trusted industry leader. By joining our team, you'll be able to solve real-life problems, make a difference, have a global impact, and join a supportive group of globally diverse teammates. We encourage you to be yourself, grow with us and help us create a world where data is poised for greatness.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
We’re driven by our DATA values and we are passionate about building and delivering solutions that accelerate data innovations.
Perks and Benefits:
- Inclusion, diversity, equality and belonging (IDEB) – our commitment to fostering a culture that celebrates our unique differences
- Comprehensive and competitive health and wellness benefits, including paid parental leave and adoption benefits, and 401k plan or international pension/retirement plans
- Flexible time-off policy and hybrid working practices
- Global recognition program for employees and leaders to reward and recognize each other
- Global learning organization with mentorship opportunities and a tuition reimbursement program to support your professional and personal growth
- Equity opportunities and a robust employee stock purchase program (ESPP)
- Comprehensive Mental Health and Employee Assistance Program (EAP) benefit
- Referral Bonuses
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
Informatica, the Enterprise Cloud Data Management leader, empowers businesses to realize the transformative power of data. We have pioneered a new category of software, the Informatica Intelligent Data Management Cloud (IDMC), powered by AI and a cloud-first, cloud-native, end-to-end data management platform that connects, manages and unifies data across any multi-cloud, hybrid system, empowering enterprises to modernize and advance their data strategies. Customers in more than 100 countries and 85 of the Fortune 100 rely on Informatica to drive data-led digital transformation. For more information, visit us at www.informatica.com, LinkedIn, Twitter, and Facebook.
Travel Requirement: Limited
Location_formattedLocationLong: Bangalore, Karnataka IN