Country Controller, Japan
Location: Tokyo, Japan
Job Number: 34601
Position Title: Regional Controller
Finance monitors the financial results and operational data that put our enterprise in the best possible position to makefast, sound decisions with confidence. We act in trusted partnership with the business and provide them with exceptional financial insight, and unwavering support, while ensuring strong stewardship and reporting excellence.
Deal structuring support and revenue recognition guidance - Partner with the business by providing first line revenue recognition support. Facilitate obtaining necessary approvals on non-standard deal structures. Perform credit evaluation and review of agreement documents upon deal closing to ensure compliance with corporate policies.
Management reporting and analysis – In collaboration with regional FP&A, provide local management with P&L guidance. Specifically provide monthly/quarterly report pack on performance and Sales pipeline reporting and analysis. Provide analysis and guidance on expenses.
Planning - assist both local and corporate management with strategic planning to take Japan
business to a higher growth level.
Monitor - communicate closely with regional Finance Director and our corporate headquarters to ensure full transparency of all transactions and activities in Japan
Growth – provide assessment/support on growth prospects in region. Prepare finance analysis for request to secure headcount.
Professional services support – understand and support professional services business – especially on contract, revenue recognition, and billing. Prior experience with professional service business would be an advantage.
Projects – work with Japan department heads on projects to formulate strategic plans, ensure cost efficacy, and secure office capacity.
Manage, coach, and mentor a senior accountant
Engage in continuous improvement activities to enhance team effectiveness and efficiency
Financial statements – prepare and oversee the monthly financial statements according to US
GAAP. Work closely with shared service center (SSC) and an external accountant to ensure accurate and timely close. Prepare a monthly balance sheet reconciliation close package / checklist to ensure all closing activities have been completed accurately. Perform analytical procedures to ensure accuracy of P&L account balances.
General Accounting - Specific general accounting and accounting duties include:
- Work on moving transactional functions to India SSC and perform oversight.
- Commissions – detailed review to ensure accuracy of commission payments in accordance with deal characteristics in conformity with compensation plans
- Inter-company transactions (including transfer pricing) – ensure compliance with inter-company agreement and calculate quarterly commission and facilitate and approve settlements.
- Controls – ensure local expense policies and procedures are communicated and followed by all employees, ensure Sarbanes-Oxley and Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA) procedures and requirements are reviewed periodically and the procedures are followed and effective.
- Other – create and implement new policies and procedures as required.
- Participate in Oracle Cloud implementation project
Treasury & Tax
Tax - Deal with all local tax issues (including annual returns in cooperation with a tax service provider), and annual tax compliance and social tax)
Bank Accounts – provide oversight and control over bank accounts to ensure disbursements made are supported and according to company policy. Reviews reconciliations as part of monthly close process. Provides headquarters with cash actuals and projections monthly.
- Qualified U.S. or Japan CPA with at least 10 years of post-qualified experience
- Experience in working in multinational companies in highly standardized and systems-based environment
- Revenue recognition understanding. Experience with negotiating revenue recognition and commercial clauses for customer an advantage.
- ERP and BI reporting tool experience. We are currently implementing and use Oracle Cloud in addition to PeopleSoft, Microstrategy BI and Salesforce
- Ability to be self-sufficient and work collaboratively in a team environment
- Customer focus and ability and desire to support the Sales team in a dynamic environment
- Hands-on, good attention to detail, accurate reporting skills
- US GAAP, FCPA, Sarbanes-Oxley, and local tax knowledge and experience
- People management experience and continuous improvement mindset
Seniority Level: Mid-Senior Level
Alternative Location(s) :
Community / Marketing Title: Country Controller, Japan
Remote LinkedIn Hashtag: #LI-Remote
LinkedIN Hashtag: LI-OG1
Where data is poised for greatness
A career with Informatica gives you all the opportunities and benefits that can only come from working for the trusted industry leader. By joining our team, you'll be able to solve real-life problems, make a difference, have a global impact, and join a supportive group of globally diverse teammates. We encourage you to be yourself, grow with us and help us create a world where data is poised for greatness.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
We’re driven by our DATA values and we are passionate about building and delivering solutions that accelerate data innovations.
Perks and Benefits:
- Inclusion, diversity, equality and belonging (IDEB) – our commitment to fostering a culture that celebrates our unique differences
- Comprehensive and competitive health and wellness benefits, including paid parental leave and adoption benefits, and 401k plan or international pension/retirement plans
- Flexible time-off policy and hybrid working practices
- Global recognition program for employees and leaders to reward and recognize each other
- Global learning organization with mentorship opportunities and a tuition reimbursement program to support your professional and personal growth
- Equity opportunities and a robust employee stock purchase program (ESPP)
- Comprehensive Mental Health and Employee Assistance Program (EAP) benefit
- Referral Bonuses
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
Informatica, the Enterprise Cloud Data Management leader, empowers businesses to realize the transformative power of data. We have pioneered a new category of software, the Informatica Intelligent Data Management Cloud (IDMC), powered by AI and a cloud-first, cloud-native, end-to-end data management platform that connects, manages and unifies data across any multi-cloud, hybrid system, empowering enterprises to modernize and advance their data strategies. Customers in more than 100 countries and 85 of the Fortune 100 rely on Informatica to drive data-led digital transformation. For more information, visit us at www.informatica.com, LinkedIn, Twitter, and Facebook.
Travel Requirement: Up to 25%
Location_formattedLocationLong: Tokyo, JP