Lead Software Engineer-Backend
Location: Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
Job Number: 34621
Position Title: Lead Software Engineer
Informatica® Master Data Management (MDM) delivers true multi-domain master data management. It empowers companies to improve operations with business-user access to consolidated and reliable business-critical data, even when it’s scattered across the enterprise. Leading organizations in financial services, life sciences, manufacturing, healthcare, government, energy, and other fields rely on Informatica master data management software to cut costs and drive revenue by improving operations and making more informed decisions across the enterprise.
The position offers an opportunity to work on a project that takes Informatica MDM to the Cloud and takes its capabilities to next level. You will work with a global team of talented engineers and take a leading role in different phases of the software lifecycle including requirements analysis, technical design and development. As part of the Development team, you will be responsible for
- Gathering and translating broad feature requirements into functional and design specifications
- Providing detailed estimates for features
- Writing high quality code
- Giving iteration demos to show progress
- Delivering features to production
- Assisting customers and field engineers in troubleshooting production issues
Our Ideal Candidate
You are an independent, resourceful engineer with advanced problem-solving skills, high degree of competency in design & building enterprise software products and enjoy working in a fast-paced engineering environment. You are passionate about building a market-leading Cloud Master Data Management platform and associated applications. You are detail oriented, quality focused and have a high degree of understanding when it comes to usability best practices.
The successful candidate will be based in Bangalore, India and will be responsible for:
- Working closely with Architects, Product Managers, Development and QA engineers to discuss and evangelize features
- Accurately assessing critical factors for success and mitigate risk on deliverables
- Collaborating with geographically dispersed, cross-functional teams in an agile environment
- Participate in internal/cross-team meetings, estimating, scoping, decision making and technical documentation reviews
- Authoring functional or design specifications. Gathering review feedback and finalizing specifications.
- Participating in reviews of related components.
- Reviewing QA test specifications and feature documents.
- Understanding impact of work on the feature/product/team.
- Delivering own work to timely and complete conclusions.
- Is attentive to detail and accuracy is committed to excellence, looks for improvements continuously, monitors quality levels, finds the root cause of quality problems, owns/acts on quality problems.
- Ensures high quality of all development work.
- BE in Computer Science or a related technical discipline; advanced degree preferred.
- 7 – 12 Years of enterprise software development experience
- Experience working with UI frameworks such as ReactJS, AngularJS (Not Angular), Webpack
- Strong development skills in Java using appropriate data structures & design patterns
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Familiarity with UI design patterns and clean coding practices
- Familiarity with unit testing techniques like unit testing using Jasmine, Jest, etc.
- Proven ability to work well with others in a fast-paced, iterative product definition and development environment
Seniority Level: Mid-Senior Level
Alternative Location(s) :
Community / Marketing Title: Lead Software Engineer-Backend
Remote LinkedIn Hashtag:
LinkedIN Hashtag: LI-PD1
Where data is poised for greatness
A career with Informatica gives you all the opportunities and benefits that can only come from working for the trusted industry leader. By joining our team, you'll be able to solve real-life problems, make a difference, have a global impact, and join a supportive group of globally diverse teammates. We encourage you to be yourself, grow with us and help us create a world where data is poised for greatness.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
We’re driven by our DATA values and we are passionate about building and delivering solutions that accelerate data innovations.
Perks and Benefits:
- Inclusion, diversity, equality and belonging (IDEB) – our commitment to fostering a culture that celebrates our unique differences
- Comprehensive and competitive health and wellness benefits, including paid parental leave and adoption benefits, and 401k plan or international pension/retirement plans
- Flexible time-off policy and hybrid working practices
- Global recognition program for employees and leaders to reward and recognize each other
- Global learning organization with mentorship opportunities and a tuition reimbursement program to support your professional and personal growth
- Equity opportunities and a robust employee stock purchase program (ESPP)
- Comprehensive Mental Health and Employee Assistance Program (EAP) benefit
- Referral Bonuses
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
Informatica, the Enterprise Cloud Data Management leader, empowers businesses to realize the transformative power of data. We have pioneered a new category of software, the Informatica Intelligent Data Management Cloud (IDMC), powered by AI and a cloud-first, cloud-native, end-to-end data management platform that connects, manages and unifies data across any multi-cloud, hybrid system, empowering enterprises to modernize and advance their data strategies. Customers in more than 100 countries and 85 of the Fortune 100 rely on Informatica to drive data-led digital transformation. For more information, visit us at www.informatica.com, LinkedIn, Twitter, and Facebook.
Travel Requirement: Limited
Location_formattedLocationLong: Bangalore, Karnataka IN