Principal Software Engineer
Location: Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
Job Number: 34832
Position Title: Principal Software Engineer
The Core Technology Group (CTG) is the innovation hub within Informatica that is responsible for delivering an extensible, reliable, and scalable platform that provides the solid foundation for all other Informatica products. Specifically, our team focusses on building a high performance and scalable Data Engine that can scale on multi-processor environments as well on a cluster of nodes. The engine is capable of handling batch, request/response, and real-time workloads to deliver data for applications. Here are some of the key areas the team works on:
- Cross compiler to translate representation of a data flow plan from one engine to another such as Hadoop
- Reducing latency and processing time of query operations to return instantaneous results
- Delivering large data sets to client applications with extremely high throughput
- Enable the Data Engine to be available across on-premises, cloud, Hadoop, and embedded applications
The Data Engine has been a key constituent of Informatica’s platform and serves multiple products such as Data Services, Data Quality and Profiling. Informatica products rely on the Data Engine to fulfill the vision of a Virtual Data Machine which can execute data integration jobs either natively or across execution environments such as relational databases, Hadoop, or cloud. You will be a key contributor to Informatica’s next generation platform and how it handles the volume, velocity, and variety of structured and unstructured data. It could be enterprise and partner data from hosted Cloud services and on-premises deployments or arbitrary data from social web sites and media.
Our Ideal Candidate
You have a proven record of developing and delivering enterprise class software. You consider yourself a team player that enjoys working on challenging assignments in a high-energy and fast-growing distributed work environment. Your advanced problem-solving skills and technical capability allow you to understand the product in short time, adapt to new circumstances and learn quickly when facing new problems and challenges. You can communicate effectively with geographically separated team members and drive problems to solution. You are an independent, resourceful product engineer with advanced problem-solving skills, a high degree of competency in building enterprise software products and enjoy working in a fast-paced engineering environment. You are passionate and experienced in building server infrastructure with life cycle management, clustering, load balancing, scalability, traceability features.
- Active technical leadership in architecture and design of new product features
- Facilitating the collaboration and engagement between senior members of the team to ensure sound design and implementation of key functionality areas for the product
- Incubating and designing the next generation platform for complex heterogeneous systems and applications involving cutting edge technologies.
- Develop excellent understanding in breadth and depth of Informatica's products and contribute to future product roadmap and goals,
- Collaborating with geographically dispersed, cross-functional teams in an Agile environment
- Participating in internal/cross team meetings, scoping, decision making and technical documentation
- Mentoring junior engineers on technical, architectural, design and related issues
- Architect the Cloud deployment, collaborating with Operations teams to design the next generation of application deployment architecture, and developing the orchestration strategy and automation framework for the product delivery process
- Work in an agile software development team delivering product and feature increments in short iterations
- Multi-task and context-switch quickly to react to customer issues and changing requirements
- Proactively identifying architectural weaknesses and recommending appropriate solutions
- Ensures high quality of all development work; follows development process without guidance, but with reviews.
- Is attentive to detail and accuracy, is committed to excellence, looks for improvements continuously, monitors quality levels, finds root cause of quality problems, owns/acts on quality problems.
- Takes ownership and responsibility, keeps management well-informed.
- Follows standard practices and procedures in analyzing situations or data from which answers can be readily obtained.
- Understands impact of work on the feature/product/team.
- Guides own work to timely and complete conclusions.
- Do what it takes to make the product work end-to-end including managing source code, enabling build infrastructure, and enabling QA
Representative accountabilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Leading and driving the delivery and architecture for significantly large functional areas in the product
- Taking ownership for features in the platform that cut across multiple product groups
- Designing, implementing, documenting, analyzing and operationalizing platform features clearly to ensure that others may readily utilize them
- Interacting with QA and documentation teams to clearly communicate the features and behaviors of the system
- Reviewing functional and test specifications and conducting training sessions for global services and support teams
- Assisting customers and field engineers with troubleshooting issues and problems
- S/M.S in Computer Science or a related technical discipline; advanced degree preferred
- 8+ years of server-side software development experience, a portion of which was within a large enterprise software company
- Hands-on experience installing, configuring, analyzing, optimizing, and troubleshooting systems and system related technology
- Knowledge of database internals such as query optimizations, developing core scalable parts of system or server-side multi-threaded development experience is essential
- Design experience preferably with product engineering background
- Object oriented design and programming.
- Strong programming skills in Java and/or C++ (Scala is desired as well)
- Understanding of Unix/NT systems programming.
- Knowledge of Cloud ecosystems (AWS, Azure, etc) is highly desired
- Knowledge of Kubernetes or containerization is desired.
- Proven ability to work well with others in a fast paced, iterative product definition and development environment
- Strong analytical problem solving and decision-making skills
- Able to work independently with little direct supervision and take initiative; willing to mentor and develop others
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills within an organization
Seniority Level: Mid-Senior Level
Alternative Location(s) :
Community / Marketing Title: Principal Software Engineer
Remote LinkedIn Hashtag:
LinkedIN Hashtag: LI-MR2
Where data is poised for greatness
A career with Informatica gives you all the opportunities and benefits that can only come from working for the trusted industry leader. By joining our team, you'll be able to solve real-life problems, make a difference, have a global impact, and join a supportive group of globally diverse teammates. We encourage you to be yourself, grow with us and help us create a world where data is poised for greatness.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
We’re driven by our DATA values and we are passionate about building and delivering solutions that accelerate data innovations.
Perks and Benefits:
- Inclusion, diversity, equality and belonging (IDEB) – our commitment to fostering a culture that celebrates our unique differences
- Comprehensive and competitive health and wellness benefits, including paid parental leave and adoption benefits, and 401k plan or international pension/retirement plans
- Flexible time-off policy and hybrid working practices
- Global recognition program for employees and leaders to reward and recognize each other
- Global learning organization with mentorship opportunities and a tuition reimbursement program to support your professional and personal growth
- Equity opportunities and a robust employee stock purchase program (ESPP)
- Comprehensive Mental Health and Employee Assistance Program (EAP) benefit
- Referral Bonuses
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
Informatica, the Enterprise Cloud Data Management leader, empowers businesses to realize the transformative power of data. We have pioneered a new category of software, the Informatica Intelligent Data Management Cloud (IDMC), powered by AI and a cloud-first, cloud-native, end-to-end data management platform that connects, manages and unifies data across any multi-cloud, hybrid system, empowering enterprises to modernize and advance their data strategies. Customers in more than 100 countries and 85 of the Fortune 100 rely on Informatica to drive data-led digital transformation. For more information, visit us at www.informatica.com, LinkedIn, Twitter, and Facebook.
Travel Requirement: Limited
Location_formattedLocationLong: Bangalore, Karnataka IN