Principal Business Intelligence Lead
Location: United States
Job Number: 34833
Position Title: Principal Business Intelligence IT Analyst
Principal Business Intelligence Lead (Principal Data Modeler)
Reporting into the Enterprise Data Office, the Principal Business Intelligence Lead drives a wide variety of business intelligence efforts and works with business users across multiple functions. This role is responsible for creating enterprise semantic data models to enable self-serve reporting for business users. From a semantic modeling perspective, this role will engage with business teams to understand requirements, work with data engineering teams to develop core EDW, and develop Power BI models that will server as clean, reliable, and scalable “single-source-of-truth” certified data sets. This person will take ownership of the enterprise semantic models to business metrics and lead the integration of data from multiple sources to produce requested or required data elements.
From a dashboard development perspective, this position may also assist in Power BI dashboarding as well as partner with analysts and business users across the company to leverage the semantic layer for self-serve reporting.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Work with cross-functional business teams across the enterprise to gather and document requirements for semantic models and dashboard deliverables
- Develop Power BI data models with a focus on intuitive end-user, self-serve reporting experience
- In-depth knowledge of end-to-end data pipeline dependencies and architecture.
- May hold ownership of special projects and initiatives, using advanced data analysis, to drive process improvements or support executive leadership in strategic planning and decisions.
- Have both business and technical background and a growth mindset with desire to constantly growing knowledge and skills through continuous learning.
- Analyze and solve complex business problems, breaking down the work into actionable tasks, and working with stakeholders to plan and communicate delivery commitments.
- Create view definitions for EDW to enable semantic models
- Partner with data engineering teams to create physical and virtual data structures that support semantic model requirements
- Participate in and drive continuous improvement efforts in enhancing performance and providing increased functionality, including developing processes for automation of updates to dashboards and documenting problems, changes, and solutions.
- Provide mentoring, guidance, and direction to lesser scoped roles on best practices in the utilization of reporting tools and applications.
Knowledge & Skills
- Experience with advanced Power BI functionality and languages (Power Query (M), PowerPivot (DAX), PowerShell).
- Excellent understanding of dimensional modeling principles (Star Schema), with a proven track record of implementing dimensional data structures
- Intellectual curiosity and agility to navigate ambiguous circumstances and hone their data ninja skills
- Hold expert-level experience and uses professional concepts and company objectives to resolve complex issues in creative and effective ways.
- Work on complex issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors.
- Exercise judgment in methods, techniques, and evaluation criteria for obtaining results.
- Highly self-motivated to deliver both independently and in a collaborative team environment.
- Expert in data analytics to achieve data-driven conclusions and is fully capable of presenting findings to executive audiences.
- Translate complex technical concepts and influences business users.
- Manage competing projects and delivers against goals in a timely fashion.
- BA/BS or equivalent educational background is preferred.
- Minimum 8+ years of relevant professional experience including 6+ years BI development experience in an enterprise environment
- Minimum 4+ years of experience working in the Microsoft analytic stack, particularly Power BI
- Experience with Power BI Composite models, paginated reports and PowerApps a plus
High Tech Software experience with Cloud and SaaS
Seniority Level: Mid-Senior Level
Alternative Location(s) :
Community / Marketing Title: Principal Business Intelligence Lead
Remote LinkedIn Hashtag: #LI-Remote
LinkedIN Hashtag: LI-KS1
Where data is poised for greatness
A career with Informatica gives you all the opportunities and benefits that can only come from working for the trusted industry leader. By joining our team, you'll be able to solve real-life problems, make a difference, have a global impact, and join a supportive group of globally diverse teammates. We encourage you to be yourself, grow with us and help us create a world where data is poised for greatness.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
We’re driven by our DATA values and we are passionate about building and delivering solutions that accelerate data innovations.
Perks and Benefits:
- Inclusion, diversity, equality and belonging (IDEB) – our commitment to fostering a culture that celebrates our unique differences
- Comprehensive and competitive health and wellness benefits, including paid parental leave and adoption benefits, and 401k plan or international pension/retirement plans
- Flexible time-off policy and hybrid working practices
- Global recognition program for employees and leaders to reward and recognize each other
- Global learning organization with mentorship opportunities and a tuition reimbursement program to support your professional and personal growth
- Equity opportunities and a robust employee stock purchase program (ESPP)
- Comprehensive Mental Health and Employee Assistance Program (EAP) benefit
- Referral Bonuses
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
Informatica, the Enterprise Cloud Data Management leader, empowers businesses to realize the transformative power of data. We have pioneered a new category of software, the Informatica Intelligent Data Management Cloud (IDMC), powered by AI and a cloud-first, cloud-native, end-to-end data management platform that connects, manages and unifies data across any multi-cloud, hybrid system, empowering enterprises to modernize and advance their data strategies. Customers in more than 100 countries and 85 of the Fortune 100 rely on Informatica to drive data-led digital transformation. For more information, visit us at www.informatica.com, LinkedIn, Twitter, and Facebook.
Travel Requirement: Limited
Location_formattedLocationLong: City, US