Principal Technical Writer
Location: Redwood City, CA, USA
Job Number: 34843
Position Title: Principal Technical Writer
We’re currently looking for an experienced Principal Technical Writer with lead experience to join our team.
As a Principal Technical Writer, you will be responsible for creating effective product documentation, videos, and tutorials in a fast-paced environment. You will work closely with software engineers, UX designers, product managers, and other doc team members to create great user-facing content. In time, you will lead projects, which might include leading other technical writers and mentoring new writers.
What You'll Do
- Write highly technical content that describes product functionality
- Compile and test online help
- Create project plans, maintain schedules for specific projects, and communicate documentation status to documentation manager or lead
- Develop tutorials to improve first user experience
- Work with stakeholders to deliver meaningful error messages, useful UI strings, and develop clear terminology
- Contribute how-to articles, knowledge base articles, videos, walkthroughs, and other useful content
- Contribute to documentation team processes
- Edit documentation for completeness, style, and accuracy to ensure it reflects Informatica's commitment to quality
- Mentor new writers and less experienced writers
- Lead projects that might include other technical writers
- BA/MA/BS/MS or equivalent (engineering, technical communications, humanities, social sciences) preferred
- Minimum 8+ years of relevant professional experience
- Excellent analytical and written communication skills
- Excellent leadership and project management skills
- Able to grow into a management role when the opportunity arises
- Able to quickly learn technical information
- Able to meet deadlines and help others meet them
- Able to multitask, prioritize, and develop schedules
- Able to develop and fine-tune documentation processes
- Able to understand customer requirements and incorporate them into the documentation
- Attentive to detail and accuracy, is committed to excellence, and owns and acts on quality problems.
What Does Success Look Like?
- You use your excellent analytical and written communication skills to create content that helps increase customer adoption of products.
What We’d Like to See
- Knowledge of data management, big data, relational and/or No SQL database, and cloud concepts.
- Experience with DITA, XMetaL, content management systems, source control systems, Jira, and Confluence.
- Experience with Adobe Creative Cloud, video software, e-learning software, and/or WalkMe.
- Experience leading projects and other writers.
City: Redwood City
Seniority Level: Mid-Senior Level
Alternative Location(s) :
Community / Marketing Title: Principal Technical Writer
Remote LinkedIn Hashtag:
LinkedIN Hashtag: LI-AS2
Where data is poised for greatness
A career with Informatica gives you all the opportunities and benefits that can only come from working for the trusted industry leader. By joining our team, you'll be able to solve real-life problems, make a difference, have a global impact, and join a supportive group of globally diverse teammates. We encourage you to be yourself, grow with us and help us create a world where data is poised for greatness.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
We’re driven by our DATA values and we are passionate about building and delivering solutions that accelerate data innovations.
Perks and Benefits:
- Inclusion, diversity, equality and belonging (IDEB) – our commitment to fostering a culture that celebrates our unique differences
- Comprehensive and competitive health and wellness benefits, including paid parental leave and adoption benefits, and 401k plan or international pension/retirement plans
- Flexible time-off policy and hybrid working practices
- Global recognition program for employees and leaders to reward and recognize each other
- Global learning organization with mentorship opportunities and a tuition reimbursement program to support your professional and personal growth
- Equity opportunities and a robust employee stock purchase program (ESPP)
- Comprehensive Mental Health and Employee Assistance Program (EAP) benefit
- Referral Bonuses
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
Informatica, the Enterprise Cloud Data Management leader, empowers businesses to realize the transformative power of data. We have pioneered a new category of software, the Informatica Intelligent Data Management Cloud (IDMC), powered by AI and a cloud-first, cloud-native, end-to-end data management platform that connects, manages and unifies data across any multi-cloud, hybrid system, empowering enterprises to modernize and advance their data strategies. Customers in more than 100 countries and 85 of the Fortune 100 rely on Informatica to drive data-led digital transformation. For more information, visit us at www.informatica.com, LinkedIn, Twitter, and Facebook.
Travel Requirement: Limited
Location_formattedLocationLong: Redwood City, California US