Principal Salesforce Developer
Location: Austin, TX, USA
Job Number: 34844
Position Title: Principal Software Engineer IT Applications
Informatica is seeking a Senior Salesforce Engineer to support its growing business. This rapidly growing business within Informatica offers a creative, fast-paced, entrepreneurial work environment. As the Salesforce.com CRM Engineer, you will be the primary point of contact for multiple user groups and global teams who require development, maintenance, configuration, reporting, and training. You will also interface with various teams and produce reporting needed on a daily, weekly and monthly basis. You will work directly with the system/data, lead multiple technical projects or portions at one time, as well as provide solutions that are highly usable, scalable, extensible, and maintainable on the Force.com platform. You will also drive automation of processes, develop new applications, and manage the integrations to our various business systems for our Salesforce.com (SFDC) environment. This includes technical design, development, configuration, maintenance, administration, and integration with other Informatica databases/systems.
As an IT Application group, we design, build and maintain the Enterprise systems that play a vital role in executing Informatica’s vision as a leader in Data Integration. We live by the IT values that encapsulate the usage of frontline technology to drive business value based on strong expertise and robust delivery processes.
We are looking for a Leader with a proven record of driving solution delivery in the CRM domain to own the delivery on SFDC.
In this role, you’ll use your process knowledge and people management skills to build a delivery team that works effectively and collaboratively in a distributed team model from a group of strong individual contributors. You will use your domain knowledge and technical expertise on the SFA platform to define innovative solutions which are also maintainable and are based on industry best practices.
Our Ideal Candidate
You’re passionate about technology and have excellent communication skills and like to lead a team of people in delivering robust, scalable solutions. You have strong development and solutioning track record on the Salesforce platform. You are a natural leader who strives for excellence and is known to be strong on delivering great solutions the right way based on world-class delivery processes. Applying your domain knowledge and communication you will ensure that the team you lead will function effectively as part of a global team. Your advanced problem-solving skills and technical aptitudes allow you to adapt to new circumstances and learn quickly when facing new problems and challenges. You are at home with delivering solutions based on the agile delivery model.
- Manage the Salesforce.com CRM application including ongoing support requests and administrative needs of users by providing prompt and complete resolution to technical challenges and business issues
- Hands-on configuration of Salesforce Platform including users, roles, security, profiles, workflow rules, and custom objects.
- Develop reports, dashboards, and understand processes to monitor data quality and integrity.
- Deliver high-quality deliverables that are based on complete coverage in unit testing as well as functionally ensure that the acceptance criteria for requirements are met.
- Produce the mandatory development deliverables with high quality (Impact Analysis, HLD, and detailed design, status reports, project plans)
- Utilize best practices to perform operational support, enhancements, bug fixes as needed to the Salesforce.com platform
- Proactively engage in continuous improvement efforts for application design, support, and practice development efforts.
- Provide technical assistance and end-user troubleshooting for bug fixes, enhancements, and “how-to” assistance.
- Recommend best practices to business users and stakeholders.
- Seek out ways to utilize SFDC to improve processes and productivity, and make recommendations to support an organization scaling at a rapid pace
- Assist the functional team in gathering business requirements from a diverse number of users and translate requirements into scalable solutions.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, MIS or related field
- 7 or more years of total experience with at least 5 years of development experience
- Certified Salesforce Platform Developer II or at least five years of Developer experience.
- Solid understanding of and detailed experience with the Salesforce.com architecture with demonstrated In-depth understanding of the capabilities and constraints present in at least one of the Salesforce clouds (Service Cloud Preferred).
- Strong business process/functional acumen on at least one of the different Salesforce clouds (Service Cloud Preferred)
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge of relational databases, data modeling, and ETL (Such as Informatica) with Salesforce.com would be an added advantage.
- Ability to develop code that will scale to large dataset’s
- Experience with web services (REST & SOAP, JSON & XML, etc.)
- Solid understanding of and detailed experience with Salesforce.com architecture and API
- Demonstrated experience in using Lightning Pages, Web components, Visualforce and Apex classes and triggers for complex Salesforce implementations and performance tuning of the same
- Experience using Salesforce data tools
- Demonstrated success with at least one large Salesforce.com Service Cloud integration/transformation project
- Experience architecting designing, programming, and configuring the Salesforce.com platform and deep functional understanding of its capabilities and limitations
- Strong attention to detail and excellent problem-solving skills
- Strong verbal/written communication and data presentation skills, including an ability to effectively communicate with business stakeholders, technical challenges and technical solutions in a business-friendly language.
- Certified Salesforce.com Advanced Administrator, Service Cloud Consultant, Domain Architect or experience
- Experience working with diverse distributed large-scale and complex datasets
- Experience managing, triaging and resolving user-submitted issues via a ticketing system(s)
- Advanced SQL skills and Excel Macro skills
- Highly innovative, flexible and self-directed
- A results-oriented person with a delivery focus
- Strong organization skills
- Handles multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
Seniority Level: Mid-Senior Level
Alternative Location(s) :
Community / Marketing Title: Principal Salesforce Developer
Remote LinkedIn Hashtag:
LinkedIN Hashtag: LI-TK1
Where data is poised for greatness
A career with Informatica gives you all the opportunities and benefits that can only come from working for the trusted industry leader. By joining our team, you'll be able to solve real-life problems, make a difference, have a global impact, and join a supportive group of globally diverse teammates. We encourage you to be yourself, grow with us and help us create a world where data is poised for greatness.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
We’re driven by our DATA values and we are passionate about building and delivering solutions that accelerate data innovations.
Perks and Benefits:
- Inclusion, diversity, equality and belonging (IDEB) – our commitment to fostering a culture that celebrates our unique differences
- Comprehensive and competitive health and wellness benefits, including paid parental leave and adoption benefits, and 401k plan or international pension/retirement plans
- Flexible time-off policy and hybrid working practices
- Global recognition program for employees and leaders to reward and recognize each other
- Global learning organization with mentorship opportunities and a tuition reimbursement program to support your professional and personal growth
- Equity opportunities and a robust employee stock purchase program (ESPP)
- Comprehensive Mental Health and Employee Assistance Program (EAP) benefit
- Referral Bonuses
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
Informatica, the Enterprise Cloud Data Management leader, empowers businesses to realize the transformative power of data. We have pioneered a new category of software, the Informatica Intelligent Data Management Cloud (IDMC), powered by AI and a cloud-first, cloud-native, end-to-end data management platform that connects, manages and unifies data across any multi-cloud, hybrid system, empowering enterprises to modernize and advance their data strategies. Customers in more than 100 countries and 85 of the Fortune 100 rely on Informatica to drive data-led digital transformation. For more information, visit us at www.informatica.com, LinkedIn, Twitter, and Facebook.
Travel Requirement: Limited
Location_formattedLocationLong: Austin, Texas US