Sr. Salesforce Developer IT Applications
Multiple Locations: Austin, TX, USA • Redwood City, CA, USA
Job Number: 34893
Position Title: Senior Software Engineer IT Applications
Reporting to the Director of Information Technology Applications based in Redwood City, CA, and Austin, TX, you will be a vital member of a lead high-impact IT organization aligned in several geographically dispersed and over 26 countries. You will be part of a leading-edge IT organization of top professionals focused on customer satisfaction and superior execution. The Salesforce Systems Analyst will serve as system Administrator as needed for the Slaesforce.com environment working with the engineering team.
What You’ll Do
- Install, Maintain/Upgrade and Configure managed vendor applications in dev, test, and production orgs
- Effectively act as the liaison between our users, vendors, and the application development team
- Provide administration and configuration expertise, as well as assist with application support for apps on Salesforce.com
- General Administration including page layouts, field additions, permissions, users, roles, security, profiles, flows, and custom objects
- Advanced Administration including Apex, Triggers, Validation rules, lightning components, APIs etc
- Handle basic Salesforce.com administration tasks including user management, access management, profile and permission sets management
- Handle data migration tasks like uploads, upsert & data backups
- Deploy code to test and production environments based on release notes as well as execute pre/post deployment steps
- Refresh of Sandboxes
- Understand the business needs of the salesforce platform and help deliver proof of concepts
- Enable automation of commonly performed tasks
- Execute administration tasks based on the governance principles laid out by Informatica architects
- Exposure on Security updates/Feature retirements, Optimizer reports analysis
- Good understanding of development & release procedures, upgrade cycle, and best practices to develop on the Force.com platform
- Exposure of DevOps, CI/CD Process and code versioning systems like Github etc is a plus
- Produce the mandatory development deliverables with high quality (Impact Analysis, HLD, and detailed design, status reports, project plans)
- Provide timely updates based on build statuses and communicate risks as well as track the mitigations to closure
- Assist the functional team in gathering business requirements from a diverse number of users and translating requirements into scalable solutions
- Utilize best practices to perform operational support, enhancement and s, and bug fixes as needed to the Salesforce.com platform
- Provide technical assistance and end-user troubleshooting for bug fixes, enhancements, and “how-to” help
- Collaborate with QA, Dev & BA teams to ensure code deployments are accurate without any issues
- Review and maintain relevant documentation for technical accuracy
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or related field
- 4 + years of experience with at two least two years of development/admin experience
- 2+ years of experience in Copado/Any other Deployment tool with an established DevOps infrastructure
- Understanding of and detailed experience with Salesforce.com architecture and API
- Strong verbal/written communication and data presentation skills, effectively communicating with business stakeholders, technical challenges and solutions in a business-friendly language.
- Strong business process/functional acumen on at least one of the different Salesforce clouds (Sales Cloud Preferred)
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge of relational databases, data modeling, and ETL (Such as Informatica) with Salesforce.com would be an added advantage.
- Demonstrated experience in using Lightning Pages, Web components, Visualforce, and Apex classes and triggers for complex Salesforce implementations and performance tuning of the same
- Experience using Salesforce data tools
- Experience programming and configuring the Salesforce.com platform and a deep functional understanding of its capabilities and limitation.
- Beginner-level experience with web services (APEX, LX, REST & SOAP, JSON & XML, etc.)
Nice to Have
- Must have Certified Salesforce Application Developer and Advanced Administrator
- Copado certification is highly desired
Seniority Level: Mid-Senior Level
Alternative Location(s) : Austin, TX
Community / Marketing Title: Sr. Salesforce Developer IT Applications
Remote LinkedIn Hashtag:
LinkedIN Hashtag: LI-TK1
Where data is poised for greatness
A career with Informatica gives you all the opportunities and benefits that can only come from working for the trusted industry leader. By joining our team, you'll be able to solve real-life problems, make a difference, have a global impact, and join a supportive group of globally diverse teammates. We encourage you to be yourself, grow with us and help us create a world where data is poised for greatness.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
We’re driven by our DATA values and we are passionate about building and delivering solutions that accelerate data innovations.
Perks and Benefits:
- Inclusion, diversity, equality and belonging (IDEB) – our commitment to fostering a culture that celebrates our unique differences
- Comprehensive and competitive health and wellness benefits, including paid parental leave and adoption benefits, and 401k plan or international pension/retirement plans
- Flexible time-off policy and hybrid working practices
- Global recognition program for employees and leaders to reward and recognize each other
- Global learning organization with mentorship opportunities and a tuition reimbursement program to support your professional and personal growth
- Equity opportunities and a robust employee stock purchase program (ESPP)
- Comprehensive Mental Health and Employee Assistance Program (EAP) benefit
- Referral Bonuses
At Informatica we know diversity drives innovation. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer dedicated to maintaining a work environment free from discrimination, one where all employees are treated with dignity and respect. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, gender, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, religion, age, disability, gender identity, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable law and Informatica policy.
Informatica, the Enterprise Cloud Data Management leader, empowers businesses to realize the transformative power of data. We have pioneered a new category of software, the Informatica Intelligent Data Management Cloud (IDMC), powered by AI and a cloud-first, cloud-native, end-to-end data management platform that connects, manages and unifies data across any multi-cloud, hybrid system, empowering enterprises to modernize and advance their data strategies. Customers in more than 100 countries and 85 of the Fortune 100 rely on Informatica to drive data-led digital transformation. For more information, visit us at www.informatica.com, LinkedIn, Twitter, and Facebook.
Travel Requirement: Limited
Location_formattedLocationLong: Austin, Texas US