Senior Software Development Engineer in Test
Location: Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
Job Number: 34929
Position Title: Senior QA Engineer
Informatica Connectivity team responsible for building the world class connectors to various third-party systems that will power all the Informatica Products be it Informatica Intelligent Cloud Services, Data Engineering Integration or Power Center. We work on the latest and greatest technology in the Cloud like (Azure, AWS, Google) and all other technologies.
As a Software Engineer QA of the Informatica Connectivity team, you will be responsible for delivering the connectors with enterprise quality, technical initiatives and their implementation especially on the Automation front. You will be influencing other quality and development teams in the connectivity team to deliver the world class Cloud and On Prem Connectors. You will be a key contributor to Informatica’s next generation cloud platform based on micro-service architecture.
Our Ideal Candidate
You are a self-motivated professional who demonstrates the ability to quickly grasp new technologies, products, and use cases. You are bright and intellectually curious; deal with concepts and complexity comfortably; are capable, adaptable and agile. You will be expected to demonstrate an excellent working functional knowledge on SQl/PL-SQL, developing test applications or automating using JUnit/TestNG/Selenium. The ideal candidate will have had experience in QA and has a good handle on scripting and SQL. Expertise in delivering the SAAS products which impacts the thousands of customers.
You will participate in the testing effort of enterprise software. You will test and critique software components and interfaces in great technical depth, write test programs to assure high product quality, and automate them using available framework.
This requires a deep understanding of the product as well as the use case of the customer. This role is ideal for a person who is passionate not only about the solution but also the quality of the solution that is provided. This is a role with high visibility and requires the engineer to be a self-starter as well having excellent technical and analytical skills.
- As a QA Engineer you will be responsible for automation, functional verification/certification, tooling, continuous integration to ensure that the testing process progresses smoothly with a high degree of reliability.
- Design and develop test plans, test cases based upon functional and design specifications
- Participate actively in functional, system, integration and regression testing activities
- Design, develop and maintain test programs including test tools and automated test suites
- Work closely with the development team to analyze, debug and resolve any issues
- Participate in product functional reviews, test specifications, documentation review.
- Communicate effectively with developers and QA peers and other stakeholders in the QA organization.
- Execute planned testing tasks and provide timely and accurate analysis of findings
- Utilize analytical skills in determining the root cause of problems
- Demonstrates ability to multi-task and re-prioritize responsibilities based on changing requirements (such as urgent customer problems).
- Works on problems of diverse scope where analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors.
- Be viewed as the key “go to” person for the any technical troubleshoot of the product
- 4+ years of enterprise software quality experience, preferably with data-intensive and multi-threaded server-based cloud products with high performance and scalability requirements
- Strong academic background - BTech/MTech in Computer Science or equivalent course from top schools.
- Knowledge on Microservice based Architecture .
- Self-starter with strong self-management skills.
- Should have strong Experience in SQL and PL/SQL
- Automation experience with Selenium, TestNG, REST APIExperience
- Experience with OData, XML, JQuery, JSON, SOAP and REST, HTTPS
- Strong background in product testing particularly with large-scale enterprise products is desirable. Prior experience in any DWH/ETL products a strong plus.
- Expertise on the Dockers / Containers / Kubernetes and Jenkins .
- Strong experience in at least one of the New age DW technologies Redshift, Snowflake, Databrick, GCP, Azure.
- Comprehensive understanding of SDLC and QA methodologies, procedures, and QA documentation.
Desired Skills: -
- Hands on experience of Informatica products
- Experience in the data management domain
- Working knowledge on Big data is a plus.
- Hands on experience on SAP, Salesforce
- Hands on experience on Tableau, PowerBI
- Performance testing background.
- Knowledge of Security testing.
Seniority Level: Mid-Senior Level
Alternative Location(s) :
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Software Development Engineer in Test
Remote LinkedIn Hashtag:
LinkedIN Hashtag: LI-SP3
Where data is poised for greatness
A career with Informatica gives you all the opportunities and benefits that can only come from working for the trusted industry leader. By joining our team, you'll be able to solve real-life problems, make a difference, have a global impact, and join a supportive group of globally diverse teammates. We encourage you to be yourself, grow with us and help us create a world where data is poised for greatness.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
We’re driven by our DATA values and we are passionate about building and delivering solutions that accelerate data innovations.
Perks and Benefits:
- Inclusion, diversity, equality and belonging (IDEB) – our commitment to fostering a culture that celebrates our unique differences
- Comprehensive and competitive health and wellness benefits, including paid parental leave and adoption benefits, and 401k plan or international pension/retirement plans
- Flexible time-off policy and hybrid working practices
- Global recognition program for employees and leaders to reward and recognize each other
- Global learning organization with mentorship opportunities and a tuition reimbursement program to support your professional and personal growth
- Equity opportunities and a robust employee stock purchase program (ESPP)
- Comprehensive Mental Health and Employee Assistance Program (EAP) benefit
- Referral Bonuses
At Informatica we know diversity drives innovation. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer dedicated to maintaining a work environment free from discrimination, one where all employees are treated with dignity and respect. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, gender, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, religion, age, disability, gender identity, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable law and Informatica policy.
Informatica, the Enterprise Cloud Data Management leader, empowers businesses to realize the transformative power of data. We have pioneered a new category of software, the Informatica Intelligent Data Management Cloud (IDMC), powered by AI and a cloud-first, cloud-native, end-to-end data management platform that connects, manages and unifies data across any multi-cloud, hybrid system, empowering enterprises to modernize and advance their data strategies. Customers in more than 100 countries and 85 of the Fortune 100 rely on Informatica to drive data-led digital transformation. For more information, visit us at www.informatica.com, LinkedIn, Twitter, and Facebook.
Travel Requirement: Limited
Location_formattedLocationLong: Bangalore, Karnataka IN