Principal Performance Engineer
Location: Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
Job Number: 34938
Position Title: Principal Software Engineer
Principal Performance Engineer
Informatica LLC is the world’s leader in Enterprise Cloud Data Management software focused on delivering transformative innovation for the future of all things data. Organizations around the world gain a competitive advantage in today’s global information economy with timely, relevant and trustworthy data for their top business imperatives. Enterprises worldwide depend on Informatica to fully leverage, access, integrate and trust their information assets held in the traditional enterprise, off premise and in the Cloud.
Informatica Core Metadata Group enables delivering authoritative, trustworthy and high-quality data to all stakeholders across all domains for all projects and business applications—on premise or in the cloud—using a single, unified platform, the Intelligent Data Platform.
The Intelligent Data Platform powered by CLAIRE enables organizations to out-perform competitors through the disruptive use of data. The CLAIRE engine provides Enterprise Unified Metadata Intelligence to accelerate productivity across the Informatica Enterprise Cloud Data Management product portfolio and is responsible for
- Extracting and loading metadata across a wide variety of source systems that include DI, DM, BI and Relational sources
- Discover and profile sources to derive meaningful statistics
- Provides a rich UI interface for searching metadata and provides lineage and relationship of various metadata assets
- Leverages a variety of big data technologies
- Uses machine learning and other AI techniques to classify or cluster data sources and provide recommendations to accelerate and automate governance processes of the Informatica Intelligent Data Platform.
We are looking for a Principal Performance Engineer with a proven record of performance automation, performance testing and engineering to deliver high performance, scalable and stable enterprise class software. In this role, you will be responsible for creating performance automation scripts, executing, monitoring and analyzing performance bottleneck of product. You will work in a fast-paced environment delivering product and feature increments in short iterations. Your technical skills will be very critical to deliver product functionalities across releases.
Our Ideal Candidate
We want you to be a strong technical member with performance engineering skills. We would like you to embrace complex problems and provide a practical and strong solution. Your technical capability to understand the product in a short time and adapt to new circumstances will be well received. Having an excellent sense of time management to meet deadlines is quite important. You will also be required to help your peers to meet their goals and set an example for good work procedures.
The performance testing engineer will also get pulled into escalated production performance issues. That means they will need to be able to perform under pressure, manage multiple concurrent tasks, and present information clearly and concisely to upper management.
What we are looking for:
- Design and develop performance test plans, test cases based upon requirements and Customer use cases
- Define and document best practices and strategies regarding application deployment and infrastructure maintenance
- Provide guidance, thought leadership, and mentorship to development teams to build cloud competencies
- Ensure application performance, uptime, and scale, maintaining high standards of code quality and thoughtful design
- Managing cloud environments in accordance with company security guidelines
- Create and execute JMeter scripts for performance use cases
- Experience with performance monitoring tools and understanding performance metrics
- Exposure in building RESTful APIs with monitoring fault tolerance and metrics
- Experience with MySQL, NoSQL
- Experience in server-side services using ElasticSearch, Kafka
- Experience with AWS stack/GCP/OCI
- Experience with CI/CD processes. Ensure existing platform frameworks supports perf with proper tagging
- Identify latest green build from devint Jenkins and deploy to perf for every microservice
- Inculcate and drive Performance engineering rather just test discipline
- Build scripts to hit various endpoints along passing parameters and stubbing dependent services
- Work closely with the development teams to analyze the performance issues, debug and resolve any issues
- Collaborate effectively with peer engineers and architects to solve complex problems spanning their respective areas to deliver end to end performance quality in our technology and customer experience
- Understand business use cases, internal/external performance Benchmarks, debugging performance issues, designing automation framework, decision making on issues, technical assistance in performance analysis and tuning DB/OS etc.
- Influences development managers to insure appropriate levels of Performance quality on owned technologies.
- A deep understanding of performance testing methodologies, like Performance Testing Guidelines for Web and JAVA Applications.
- Influences and communicates effectively with nontechnical audiences including senior product and business management
- BS/MS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or similar technical degree
- 8 to 12 years of experience in performance testing and engineering for high data volume management products
- Proven experience in identifying performance bottlenecks and measuring performance of enterprise applications and servers
- Experience with performance monitoring tools, commands and deep understanding performance metrics
- Experience with Java Application Performance analysis and tuning in the context of J2EE style server or middleware applications
- Experience in performance test data creation methodologies and tools
- Experience in Cloud performance tech – Dockers, Kubernetes, kiali, Prometheus
- Experience in performance analysis and tuning of anyone database such as Oracle, DB2, and MS SQL
- Must have expertise in application profiling tools Yourkit, JProfiler, Jprobe or any other java profiler
- Knowledge of Perl or Shell scripting to analyze logs quickly and isolate the performance issue
- Strong working knowledge in Linux/Unix/Windows Operating system and tuning operating system parameters
- Excellent problem solving, analytical skills and technical troubleshooting skills
Seniority Level: Mid-Senior Level
Alternative Location(s) :
Community / Marketing Title: Principal Performance Engineer
Remote LinkedIn Hashtag:
LinkedIN Hashtag: LI-DN1
Where data is poised for greatness
A career with Informatica gives you all the opportunities and benefits that can only come from working for the trusted industry leader. By joining our team, you'll be able to solve real-life problems, make a difference, have a global impact, and join a supportive group of globally diverse teammates. We encourage you to be yourself, grow with us and help us create a world where data is poised for greatness.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
We’re driven by our DATA values and we are passionate about building and delivering solutions that accelerate data innovations.
Perks and Benefits:
- Inclusion, diversity, equality and belonging (IDEB) – our commitment to fostering a culture that celebrates our unique differences
- Comprehensive and competitive health and wellness benefits, including paid parental leave and adoption benefits, and 401k plan or international pension/retirement plans
- Flexible time-off policy and hybrid working practices
- Global recognition program for employees and leaders to reward and recognize each other
- Global learning organization with mentorship opportunities and a tuition reimbursement program to support your professional and personal growth
- Equity opportunities and a robust employee stock purchase program (ESPP)
- Comprehensive Mental Health and Employee Assistance Program (EAP) benefit
- Referral Bonuses
At Informatica we know diversity drives innovation. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer dedicated to maintaining a work environment free from discrimination, one where all employees are treated with dignity and respect. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, gender, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, religion, age, disability, gender identity, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable law and Informatica policy.
Informatica, the Enterprise Cloud Data Management leader, empowers businesses to realize the transformative power of data. We have pioneered a new category of software, the Informatica Intelligent Data Management Cloud (IDMC), powered by AI and a cloud-first, cloud-native, end-to-end data management platform that connects, manages and unifies data across any multi-cloud, hybrid system, empowering enterprises to modernize and advance their data strategies. Customers in more than 100 countries and 85 of the Fortune 100 rely on Informatica to drive data-led digital transformation. For more information, visit us at www.informatica.com, LinkedIn, Twitter, and Facebook.
Travel Requirement: Limited
Location_formattedLocationLong: Bangalore, Karnataka IN