Location: Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
Job Number: 35020
Position Title: QA Engineer
QA Engineer JD:
Our Ideal Candidate:
You are a self-motivated professional with the ability to quickly grasp new technologies, products, and use cases. You are an expert at developing test frameworks for REST APIs and Selenium using Java. You have significant experience in testing large scale distributed enterprise applications and platform services. You enjoy working on technically challenging projects. You are comfortable working in a fast-paced development environment, with strong interpersonal and communication skills. You shall be able to efficiently prioritize and organize your tasks. You take ownership of component(s) and ensure that all aspects of quality are met. You have a passion for quality and are a constant innovator and process improvement to SQA procedures.
- Complete ownership of features, involvement as a quality engineer in design inception, development, testing, automation and release to Production.
- Oversee the overall QA lifecycle, from test planning to implementation, execution and results reporting with minimal supervision.
- Proactively analyze current processes and suggest improvements.
- Drive test automation and ensure we have an efficient and effective regression test cycle.
- Demonstrate intellectual curiosity and keep abreast of the latest trends, technologies, and competitive landscape.
- Design and develop reusable, extensible and compatible test frameworks and tools.
- Collaborate with geographically dispersed, cross-functional teams in an Agile environment.
- Have a positive attitude towards the challenges and feel a good fit with Informatica culture.
- Organize own tasks and takes responsibility for progress and completion.
- Communicate effectively with all stakeholders across the organization.
- Work closely with the Development lead, Product Managers (PM), Global customer service, Professional Services (IPS), etc. to validate the solutions built for industry segments.
- BTech/MTech in Computer Science or equivalent course
- 1+ years of Enterprise Software Testing experience with a strong technical background in delivering high-quality products and automation experience.
- Strong knowledge of programming languages such as Java/Python.
- Hands-on experience building REST-assured or Karate Framework.
- Strong hands-on experience in Selenium and expertise in developing UI Frameworks using Selenium/Java.
- Knowledge of Microservice-based Architecture.
- Good knowledge of CI/CD tools implementation and practices.
- Experience working in Unix/Linux.
- Experience with cloud computing platforms such as AWS/Azure/GCP.
- Hands-on experience working with Dockers/Containers/Kubernetes/Spinnaker/Jenkins.
- Prior experience in the deployment of cloud applications.
- Hands-on experience in writing SQL’s for relational databases (Like MySQL, Oracle).
- Experience with technologies like Tomcat, Ant/Maven/Gradle.
- Exposure in Log Management and creating dashboards in any one of the tools like sumologic or Grafana cloud.
- Knowledge of ETL/BI Testing is desirable.
- Experience with JIRA, Confluence and Zephyr.
- Excellent problem solving, analytical and technical troubleshooting skills.
- Must have strong knowledge of QA processes and methodologies.
- Ability to learn quickly and adapt to changing priorities and requirements.
- Strong written, verbal communication and presentation skills.
Seniority Level: Associate
Alternative Location(s) :
Community / Marketing Title: QA Engineer
Remote LinkedIn Hashtag:
LinkedIN Hashtag: LI-PD1
Where data is poised for greatness
A career with Informatica gives you all the opportunities and benefits that can only come from working for the trusted industry leader. By joining our team, you'll be able to solve real-life problems, make a difference, have a global impact, and join a supportive group of globally diverse teammates. We encourage you to be yourself, grow with us and help us create a world where data is poised for greatness.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
We’re driven by our DATA values and we are passionate about building and delivering solutions that accelerate data innovations.
Perks and Benefits:
- Inclusion, diversity, equality and belonging (IDEB) – our commitment to fostering a culture that celebrates our unique differences
- Comprehensive and competitive health and wellness benefits, including paid parental leave and adoption benefits, and 401k plan or international pension/retirement plans
- Flexible time-off policy and hybrid working practices
- Global recognition program for employees and leaders to reward and recognize each other
- Global learning organization with mentorship opportunities and a tuition reimbursement program to support your professional and personal growth
- Equity opportunities and a robust employee stock purchase program (ESPP)
- Comprehensive Mental Health and Employee Assistance Program (EAP) benefit
- Referral Bonuses
At Informatica we know diversity drives innovation. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer dedicated to maintaining a work environment free from discrimination, one where all employees are treated with dignity and respect. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, gender, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, religion, age, disability, gender identity, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable law and Informatica policy.
Informatica, the Enterprise Cloud Data Management leader, empowers businesses to realize the transformative power of data. We have pioneered a new category of software, the Informatica Intelligent Data Management Cloud (IDMC), powered by AI and a cloud-first, cloud-native, end-to-end data management platform that connects, manages and unifies data across any multi-cloud, hybrid system, empowering enterprises to modernize and advance their data strategies. Customers in more than 100 countries and 85 of the Fortune 100 rely on Informatica to drive data-led digital transformation. For more information, visit us at www.informatica.com, LinkedIn, Twitter, and Facebook.
Travel Requirement: Limited
Location_formattedLocationLong: Bangalore, Karnataka IN