Senior Cloud Engineer
Location: Austin, TX, USA
Job Number: 35043
Position Title: Senior Systems Engineer
Senior Cloud Engineer
Informatica is looking for a Senior Cloud Engineer to join our global IT Infrastructure Team. In this position, you will be working with cross-functional infrastructure teams as well as key business representatives across the company to understand their needs and to swiftly translate these into value-add solutions. You will be responsible for building automation workflows, setting up governance across the four major public cloud providers, process improvement and ensuring smooth operation of our critical cloud infrastructure. This role is a vital part of Informatica’s “Cloud First Cloud Native” (CFCN) vision.
The ideal candidate should be technically proficient and have passion to support our customers and stakeholders. He/she will join a high-performing team-based work environment, and needs to be equally adept at working independently and delivering solutions that meet challenging requirements. This candidate should be able to rapidly understand and translate Customer’s business requirements and challenges into cloud-ready solutions.
- Four year degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or an extensive background of experience that merits equivalency.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in an IaaS/PaaS role on Public Cloud.
- Minimum of 3 years of hands-on experience using Python, scripting (Bash, PowerShell).
- Equally proficient in compute (EC2) and storage (S3) administration
- Hands-on experience configuring and deploying solutions using containers (including Kubernetes)
- Demonstrable experience and ability in scripting and CLI management of cloud solutions
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills
- Outstanding organization and project management skills
- Experience and expertise in a Linux OS administration is a plus
- Relevant certification in one of the major cloud providers (AWS, Azure, GCP) is a plus
- Solid understanding of TCP/IP and cloud-context networking principles and management
Role and Responsibilities
- Create and manage accounts, services, storage, and instances in four global Public Clouds (AWS, Azure, GCP, OCI).
- IAM administration across cloud providers
- Use scripting (PowerShell, Python, etc) to automate daily routine tasks, query and schedule custom reports, and streamline administration efficiency on our team.
- Participate in projects to integrate private and public cloud environments.
- Manage cloud-based IAM and governance for multiple providers and accounts
- Deploy and manage images (AMI’s, Images) from Resources and VM’s across subscriptions.
- Configure highly available solutions including DRS and backups in the cloud
- Configure and manage Azure SQL servers and storage accounts.
- Deploy and manage Azure Compute Resources
- Good understanding the alerts mechanism and Logic apps usage.
- Migrate on-premises VMs to cloud environments.
- Configuring the patching groups for Azure VMs.
- Manage Azure AD and networking configurations.
- Create and managing the security policies and Transit Gateways
Seniority Level: Mid-Senior Level
Alternative Location(s) :
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Cloud Engineer
Remote LinkedIn Hashtag:
LinkedIN Hashtag: LI-KD1
Where data is poised for greatness
A career with Informatica gives you all the opportunities and benefits that can only come from working for the trusted industry leader. By joining our team, you'll be able to solve real-life problems, make a difference, have a global impact, and join a supportive group of globally diverse teammates. We encourage you to be yourself, grow with us and help us create a world where data is poised for greatness.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
We’re driven by our DATA values and we are passionate about building and delivering solutions that accelerate data innovations.
Perks and Benefits:
- Inclusion, diversity, equality and belonging (IDEB) – our commitment to fostering a culture that celebrates our unique differences
- Comprehensive and competitive health and wellness benefits, including paid parental leave and adoption benefits, and 401k plan or international pension/retirement plans
- Flexible time-off policy and hybrid working practices
- Global recognition program for employees and leaders to reward and recognize each other
- Global learning organization with mentorship opportunities and a tuition reimbursement program to support your professional and personal growth
- Equity opportunities and a robust employee stock purchase program (ESPP)
- Comprehensive Mental Health and Employee Assistance Program (EAP) benefit
- Referral Bonuses
At Informatica we know diversity drives innovation. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer dedicated to maintaining a work environment free from discrimination, one where all employees are treated with dignity and respect. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, gender, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, religion, age, disability, gender identity, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable law and Informatica policy.
Informatica, the Enterprise Cloud Data Management leader, empowers businesses to realize the transformative power of data. We have pioneered a new category of software, the Informatica Intelligent Data Management Cloud (IDMC), powered by AI and a cloud-first, cloud-native, end-to-end data management platform that connects, manages and unifies data across any multi-cloud, hybrid system, empowering enterprises to modernize and advance their data strategies. Customers in more than 100 countries and 85 of the Fortune 100 rely on Informatica to drive data-led digital transformation. For more information, visit us at www.informatica.com, LinkedIn, Twitter, and Facebook.
Travel Requirement: Up to 25%
Location_formattedLocationLong: Austin, Texas US