Principal DevSecOps Engineer
Location: Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
Job Number: 35062
Position Title: Principal DevOps Engineer
The CloudTrust team powers Informatica’s cloud transformation and ensures that our cloud platform and products are available, performant, and secure. We implement industry-leading technologies and practices to bake in scalability, reliability, and security during product design, help teams reliably deploy global products at scale and ensure global DevOps and Customer Support teams have the tools and data they need to safely monitor and manage our customer data and workloads. The Informatica Intelligent Cloud Services (IICS) platform is powering Informatica’s transformation to host all Informatica cloud products. We are growing rapidly to keep pace with our expanding global footprint and customers’ exacting demands, and partnering with product development teams to build the systems and processes needed to out-innovate our competitors.
By joining our organization, you will accelerate Informatica’s transformation into a global cloud platform through your expertise and guidance, and define a new category of enterprise cloud data management products operating at a global scale, in a growing marketplace with the smartest minds in the business. We’re looking for energetic thought leaders to join us on this journey, giving our customers a competitive advantage in today’s information economy by empowering them with timely, relevant, and trustworthy data for their top business imperatives.
As a member of Informatica's Cloud Security Operations and Response Team, you are the first line of defense for all the people and parts that together make up Informatica's Cloud Business. You get out of bed every morning thinking about new ways to make life miserable for bad actors. You get excited at the prospect of searching for your adversary, teasing out high-quality signals from all the noise, and developing new ways to solve hard problems. Your work directly impacts the way millions of people, teams, and businesses get things done.
You will work with world-class engineers to deliver the next generation cloud platform and products, using the latest cutting edge cloud technology, such as Amazon AWS, Salesforce.com, and Microsoft Azure, to provide transformational and reliable cloud services to our customers. You have experience working at a global scale but are agile enough to deliver results iteratively and create ongoing impact quickly.
Our Ideal Candidate
You are an innovative security engineer with a keen eye for automation and process improvements. An engineer with a passion for internal and external customer success, continuous improvement, and operational excellence on a global scale. You have a track record of implementing and automating security tools. You are comfortable managing asks cross-functional interdependencies, performing on time, and performing accurately. You have an uncanny ability to simplify complex situations and dependencies to find novel strategic business solutions.
- Designing and Managing Identity and Access Management systems.
- Designing and deploying CICD infrastructure.
- Securing K8s infrastructure.
- Working with AWS/Azure security tools (e.g. IAM, Guardduty).
- Creating dashboards and alerts to monitor end-user activity.
- Working with the Security team to engineer scalable solutions.
- Building RESTful APIs and Services.
- Integrating IAM with Federation services, SSO & SAML.
- Creating internal tooling and documentation to improve the developer and DevSecOps experience.
- 8+ years experience working with AWS/GCP/Azure.
- 2-3 years of programming experience in Python/Java/Go/C or equivalent.
- Experience with OOP or Functional programming is desirable.
- Experience with AWS API calls using CLI/SDK (Java/Python).
- Experience with GCP API calls using CLI/SDK (Java/Python).
- Experience with Azure API calls using CLI/SDK (Java/Python).
- Understanding of Operating Systems and OS Security.
- Strong understanding of Network Security (NACL, Firewall, TLS).
- Understanding of cryptography and knowledge of cryptographic primitives (symmetric, asymmetric).
- Understanding of PKI.
- Knowledge of AWS, GCP & Azure Security Services.
- Strong knowledge of K8s, K8s deployments, configuration, networking, and security.
- Knowledge of K8s Controllers & Operators is desirable.
- Knowledge of containerization best practices and ways of working.
- Curiosity and ability to solve complex problems.
Seniority Level: Mid-Senior Level
Alternative Location(s) :
Community / Marketing Title: Principal DevSecOps Engineer
Remote LinkedIn Hashtag:
LinkedIN Hashtag: LI-AD1
Where data is poised for greatness
A career with Informatica gives you all the opportunities and benefits that can only come from working for the trusted industry leader. By joining our team, you'll be able to solve real-life problems, make a difference, have a global impact, and join a supportive group of globally diverse teammates. We encourage you to be yourself, grow with us and help us create a world where data is poised for greatness.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
We’re driven by our DATA values and we are passionate about building and delivering solutions that accelerate data innovations.
Perks and Benefits:
- Inclusion, diversity, equality and belonging (IDEB) – our commitment to fostering a culture that celebrates our unique differences
- Comprehensive and competitive health and wellness benefits, including paid parental leave and adoption benefits, and 401k plan or international pension/retirement plans
- Flexible time-off policy and hybrid working practices
- Global recognition program for employees and leaders to reward and recognize each other
- Global learning organization with mentorship opportunities and a tuition reimbursement program to support your professional and personal growth
- Equity opportunities and a robust employee stock purchase program (ESPP)
- Comprehensive Mental Health and Employee Assistance Program (EAP) benefit
- Referral Bonuses
At Informatica we know diversity drives innovation. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer dedicated to maintaining a work environment free from discrimination, one where all employees are treated with dignity and respect. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, gender, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, religion, age, disability, gender identity, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable law and Informatica policy.
Informatica, the Enterprise Cloud Data Management leader, empowers businesses to realize the transformative power of data. We have pioneered a new category of software, the Informatica Intelligent Data Management Cloud (IDMC), powered by AI and a cloud-first, cloud-native, end-to-end data management platform that connects, manages and unifies data across any multi-cloud, hybrid system, empowering enterprises to modernize and advance their data strategies. Customers in more than 100 countries and 85 of the Fortune 100 rely on Informatica to drive data-led digital transformation. For more information, visit us at www.informatica.com, LinkedIn, Twitter, and Facebook.
Travel Requirement: Limited
Location_formattedLocationLong: Bangalore, Karnataka IN