Location: Texas, USA
Job Number: 35068
Position Title: Associate Manager, Information Technology
- Provides leadership for those involved in the development, design and optimization of the End User Experience department and systems functions supporting company business processes and technical information systems platforms. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, analysis, selection and modification of enterprise systems, application software, provides direction for the effort required to protect the company’s data, tools and information systems. Subject matter knowledge of user groups for practical application of system characteristics. Coordinates delivery of services to user groups and ensures IT service is uninterrupted. Selects, develops, and evaluates personnel to ensure the efficient operation of the End user experience department.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
• Provides leadership and guidance to the team
• Accountable for staying within the budget that is determined by superiors; tracks and organizes small pieces of overall budget
• Executes policies and specifications within responsible services
• Drives operational excellence within the team with an emphasis on career development
• Responsible for project compliance security policies/standards
• Provide project management support for IT initiatives; ensuring quality and conformance to methods, policies, and standards.
• Manage vendor relationships, contract negotiations, new vendor selection processes, renewal solutions, maintenance and support.
Knowledge & Skills
• Uses strong leadership in collaboration and prioritization to manage and influence operations in the functional area.
• Advanced level analytical and problem solving skills in their functional area, with the ability to influence others.
• Delivers upon and drives strategic initiatives in the functional area, as well as influencing across the organization.
• Engages frequently with BU executives to provide functional expertise advice that influences business unit strategy.
• Uses long term business area objectives to guide work and to direct the work of others.
• Builds effective team(s) through the development of staff and subordinate leaders, both individually and collectively.
• Advanced adapting skills; needs to know the technologies managed and help to architect better solutions
• Proficient strategic thinking skills.
• BA/BS or equivalent educational background is preferred.
• Minimum 10+ years of relevant professional experience.
Seniority Level: Mid-Senior Level
Alternative Location(s) :
Community / Marketing Title: Associate Manager
Remote LinkedIn Hashtag: #LI-Remote
LinkedIN Hashtag: LI-AP1
Where data is poised for greatness
A career with Informatica gives you all the opportunities and benefits that can only come from working for the trusted industry leader. By joining our team, you'll be able to solve real-life problems, make a difference, have a global impact, and join a supportive group of globally diverse teammates. We encourage you to be yourself, grow with us and help us create a world where data is poised for greatness.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
We’re driven by our DATA values and we are passionate about building and delivering solutions that accelerate data innovations.
Perks and Benefits:
- Inclusion, diversity, equality and belonging (IDEB) – our commitment to fostering a culture that celebrates our unique differences
- Comprehensive and competitive health and wellness benefits, including paid parental leave and adoption benefits, and 401k plan or international pension/retirement plans
- Flexible time-off policy and hybrid working practices
- Global recognition program for employees and leaders to reward and recognize each other
- Global learning organization with mentorship opportunities and a tuition reimbursement program to support your professional and personal growth
- Equity opportunities and a robust employee stock purchase program (ESPP)
- Comprehensive Mental Health and Employee Assistance Program (EAP) benefit
- Referral Bonuses
At Informatica we know diversity drives innovation. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer dedicated to maintaining a work environment free from discrimination, one where all employees are treated with dignity and respect. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, gender, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, religion, age, disability, gender identity, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable law and Informatica policy.
Informatica, the Enterprise Cloud Data Management leader, empowers businesses to realize the transformative power of data. We have pioneered a new category of software, the Informatica Intelligent Data Management Cloud (IDMC), powered by AI and a cloud-first, cloud-native, end-to-end data management platform that connects, manages and unifies data across any multi-cloud, hybrid system, empowering enterprises to modernize and advance their data strategies. Customers in more than 100 countries and 85 of the Fortune 100 rely on Informatica to drive data-led digital transformation. For more information, visit us at www.informatica.com, LinkedIn, Twitter, and Facebook.
Travel Requirement: Limited
Location_formattedLocationLong: Dallas, Texas US