VP, Corporate Communications
Location: Redwood City, CA, USA
Job Number: 35300
Position Title: VP, Corporate Communications
Build Your Career at Informatica
We're looking for a diverse group of collaborators who believe data has the power to improve society. Adventurous, work-from-anywhere minds who value solving some of the world's most challenging problems. Here, employees are encouraged to push their boldest ideas forward, united by a passion to create a world where data improves the quality of life for people and businesses everywhere.
VP, Corporate Communications - Redwood City
The Vice President, Corporate Communications position is a high visibility role, and you will report to the CMO and must be local to the Redwood City area. You will be an important member of the senior leadership team and manage public relations, analyst relations, and customer advocacy functions. You will build an external communications plan that amplifies the Informatica brand and business growth aligned with the priorities of the company and the executive leadership team. You will work cross-functionally to develop communication strategies for corporate and product announcements, mergers and acquisitions, crisis communications, and issues management. As the Customer Advocacy function lead, you will also work with sales and customer success teams to engage with customers to help promote their success.
What you will be doing:
- You will lead three global departments – public relations, analyst relations, and customer advocacy.
- Build, lead and retain a motivated communications team to ensure exceptional performance and results.
- Identify challenges and new issues faced by our organization. Work with cross-functional teams to recognize external communications opportunities, trends and solutions.
- Promote Informatica's thought leadership, executive visibility, and product and corporate positions to external parties to shape Informatica's enterprise cloud data management positioning.
- Lead the customer advocacy function building customers as evangelists of their success through case studies, references and speaking opportunities.
- Work with our investor relations team to uplevel our financial communications to select media to convey the strategy narrative and quarterly financial performance.
- Empower a team culture of high performance and continuous improvement that values learning and a commitment to results and quality.
- Develop a team using a supportive and collaborative approach on a consistent basis, and build transparency and frequency across teams to drive effective global communication.
- Work with our VP of Analyst Relations (direct report) to build deep relationships and effectively convey Informatica's strategy and solutions to industry analysts.
- Work with and manage our external PR agencies to lead best-in-class performance.
- Establish and monitor staff performance and development goals, assign accountabilities, set goals, establish priorities, conduct annual performance appraisals, and administer salary adjustments.
- Support, strengthen and live our company values. (DATA)
- A minimum of 15 years of experience and a demonstrated track record of success at an executive level with a public-listed company.
- Proven ability to thrive in a fast-paced, results-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Bachelor's degree in journalism, communications, or a related field is required; an advanced degree is preferred.
- Exceptional written, oral, interpersonal, and presentation skills and the ability to effectively interface with senior management and Informatica's executive leadership and staff.
- Demonstrated experience and leadership in managing comprehensive, strategic communications, media relations program to grow an organization's business objectives.
- Experience in building and mentoring a global team of communications specialists Ability to develop communications strategy to address movements in the market and business.
- Great balance of technical and business outcome communication experience
- Demonstrated skill and comfort in proactively building relationships with top-tier technology and business media.
- Experience and a proven track record in working with broadcast media.
- Experience building deep relationships with product and sales teams.
- Creative and thoughtful on how new media technologies can be utilized, and a keen ability to leverage and build our brand.
Perks & Benefits
- Comprehensive health, vision, and wellness benefits (Paid parental leave, adoption benefits, life insurance, disability insurance and 401k plan or international pension/retirement plans
- Flexible time-off policy and hybrid working practices
- Tuition reimbursement program to support your and personal growth
- Equity opportunities and an employee stock purchase program (ESPP)
- Comprehensive Mental Health and Employee Assistance Program (EAP) benefit
We're guided by our DATA values and we are passionate about building and delivering solutions that accelerate data innovations. At Informatica, we know diversity drives innovation. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer dedicated to maintaining a work environment free from discrimination, one where all employees are treated with dignity.
Informatica (NYSE: INFA), an Enterprise Cloud Data Management leader, brings data to life by empowering businesses to realize the transformative power of their most critical assets. We have pioneered the Informatica Intelligent Data Management Cloud™ (IDMC) that manages data across any multi-cloud, hybrid system, democratizing data to advance business strategies. Customers in over 100 countries and 85 of the Fortune 100 rely on Informatica. www.informatica.com. Connect with LinkedIn, Twitter, and Facebook. Informatica. Where data comes to life.
City: Redwood City
Seniority Level: Executive
Alternative Location(s) :
Community / Marketing Title: VP, Corporate Communications
Remote LinkedIn Hashtag:
LinkedIN Hashtag: LI-NB2
EEO Employer Verbiage:
At Informatica we know diversity drives innovation. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer dedicated to maintaining a work environment free from discrimination, one where all employees are treated with dignity and respect. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, gender, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, religion, age, disability, gender identity, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable law and Informatica policy.
Travel Requirement: Up to 25%
Location_formattedLocationLong: Redwood City, California US