Senior Product Specialist
Location: Tokyo, Japan
Job Number: 35316
Position Title: Sr Product Specialist
Build Your Career at Informatica
We're looking for a diverse group of collaborators who believe data has the power to improve society. Adventurous, work-from-anywhere minds who value solving some of the world's most challenging problems. Here, employees are encouraged to push their boldest ideas forward, united by a passion to create a world where data improves the quality of life for people and businesses everywhere.
Senior Product Specialist
he Senior Product Specialist provides pre-sales technical support for developing and implementing complex products/applications/solutions, focused on a specific product line/offering. Use in-depth specific product line knowledge to provide technical expertise to sales staff, other presales resources, and the customer. Assist the sales staff in assessing potential application of company products to meet customer needs and may prepare detailed product specifications for developing and implementing customer products/applications/solutions. May create detailed design and implementation specifications for complex products/applications/solutions. May build a mini-application based on customer requirements to demonstrate feasibility of the application, often requiring rapid prototyping and product demo for client. May provide consultation to prospective users and product capability assessment and validation. We are looking for travel to customer locations up to, and may exceed, 50% of the time, based on needs. You will be based in Tokyo, Japan
You will report to the VP Presales.
Your Role Responsibilities? Here's What You'll Do
- Contribute to the knowledge base of subject matter material for your area of expertise and provides feedback for enhancements and future market opportunities to fill product issues and gaps or extend competitive advantage.
- Participate in alpha & beta testing cycles and maintains level of expertise in technical focus area, solution or domain.
- Work to ensure technical wins during sales cycles by performing technical qualification of opportunities where regional teams lack resource on the subject matter, architect solutions from customer requirements, performing solution demonstrations & other proof points, and proving Informatica's technical capabilities in order to reinforce the value proposition driven by the account team.
- Documentation within CRM / Marketing software, as applicable, of customer contact and activity data is required of this role (e.g. names, titles, contact information, opportunity value, product information, sales stages, probability, business pain, firm-future commitments, etc.)
- Participates in obtaining "technical closure" when the product specialist team is responsible for leading an opportunity.
- Provide the interface between the field presales and other technology functions within Informatica for product direction and feedback.
- Advise on competitive stance and create counter strategies to competitive threats in accounts (evaluate their influence and positioningeg.SWOT analysis – strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats).
- Create competitive analysis, keeps up-to-date with industry thinking and product space, promotes integrated solutions, and assists in development of cross-products solutions and promotes cross-product initiatives.
- Contribute and maintain the knowledge-base of commonly used demos, presentations, best practices and FAQ's and provides subject matter material to support the broader presales team.
- Provide enablement and mentorship to the broader presales community on new and advanced capabilities of Informatica's solutions and sufficient knowledge of the technical domain.
What We'd Like to See
- Holds expert-level experience and uses professional concepts and our goals to resolve complex issues in creative ways.
- Deep industry knowledge of a customer's decision-making process, goals, strategies, and business objectives.
- Complete, "big-picture" understanding of the business and technical contexts of key accounts.
- Driven, self-starter who exudes leadership on account set and compels others to get on board.
- Familiar with consultative effectiveness and establishing trust with internal and external customers.
- Advanced technical knowledge of hybrid deployment of software solutions, Data Warehousing, Database, and/or Business Intelligence software concepts and products.
- BA/BS or equivalent educational background, we will consider an equivalent combination of relevant education and experience
- Minimum 5+ years of relevant professional experience
Perks & Benefits
- Comprehensive health, vision, and wellness benefits (Paid parental leave, adoption benefits, life insurance, disability insurance and 401k plan or international pension/retirement plans
- Flexible time-off policy and hybrid working practices
- Tuition reimbursement program to support your and personal growth
- Equity opportunities and an employee stock purchase program (ESPP)
- Comprehensive Mental Health and Employee Assistance Program (EAP) benefit
We're guided by our DATA values and we are passionate about building and delivering solutions that accelerate data innovations. At Informatica, we know diversity drives innovation. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer dedicated to maintaining a work environment free from discrimination, one where all employees are treated with dignity.
Informatica (NYSE: INFA), an Enterprise Cloud Data Management leader, brings data to life by empowering businesses to realize the transformative power of their most critical assets. We have pioneered the Informatica Intelligent Data Management Cloud™ (IDMC) that manages data across any multi-cloud, hybrid system, democratizing data to advance business strategies. Customers in over 100 countries and 85 of the Fortune 100 rely on Informatica. www.informatica.com. Connect with LinkedIn, Twitter, and Facebook. Informatica. Where data comes to life.
Seniority Level: Mid-Senior Level
Alternative Location(s) :
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Product Specialist
Remote LinkedIn Hashtag:
LinkedIN Hashtag: LI-OG1
EEO Employer Verbiage:
At Informatica we know diversity drives innovation. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer dedicated to maintaining a work environment free from discrimination, one where all employees are treated with dignity and respect. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, gender, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, religion, age, disability, gender identity, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable law and Informatica policy.
Travel Requirement: Up to 25%
Location_formattedLocationLong: Tokyo, JP