Principal Software Engineer (C++)
Location: Maidenhead SL6, UK
Job Number: 35361
Position Title: Principal Software Engineer
Build Your Career at Informatica
We're looking for a diverse group of collaborators who believe data has the power to improve society. Adventurous, work-from-anywhere minds who value solving some of the world's most challenging problems. Here, employees are encouraged to push their boldest ideas forward, united by a passion to create a world where data improves the quality of life for people and businesses everywhere.
Informatica is looking for a Principal Software Engineer (C++) with experience developing large-scale distributed enterprise applications to join our team in Maidenhead.
You will report to the Senior Manager of Development in the UK.
As a Principal Software Engineer, you will be responsible for Informatica products such as Informatica Data Replication and Informatica Fast Clone. In the role of Principal Software Engineer, you will work and adapt in a fluid, fast-paced environment.
Technology You'll Use
- Databases such as Oracle, SQL Server and DB2
- Web service technologies (HTTP, REST, CURL)
- IDE and build tools (Visual Studio, IntelliJ, Maven, Jenkins)
- Develop on multiple platforms (Windows, Linux, AIX)
What You'll Do
- You will participate in the development effort of our on-premise based software within the Replication and Adapter Technology department
- You will help support and develop the legacy products of Informatica Data Replication and Informatica Fast Clone
- Lead feature development and assist with other team members to ensure quality and predictable delivery
- You will provide detailed estimates of projects and meet project schedules
- You will work with the QA team to ensure minimal regressions and comprehensive testing
- You will maintain customer satisfaction by prompt and proactive response to customer problems
- You will give sprint demos to PMs and other partners to show progress against requirements.
- You will participate in internal/cross-team meetings, scoping, decision assessment, and technical documentation
- Programming skills and substantial C++ programming experience
- Worked with data-intensive and multi-threaded products with high performance and scalability requirements
- Knowledgeable about databases
- Expertise in database programming, database application development and ODBC
- Experience in database and log file archival
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related fields
- 7+ years of enterprise software development experience
- Experience in developing on multiple platforms (Windows, Linux)
What Does Success Look Like?
- You are an experienced software engineer who has deep system expertise
- You have experience developing large-scale distributed enterprise applications and platform services
- You enjoy working on technically challenging projects
- You are willing to work on many different projects and interested in assuming multiple responsibilities
- Java and JDBC programming experience
Perks & Benefits
- Comprehensive health, vision, and wellness benefits (Paid parental leave, adoption benefits, life insurance, disability insurance and 401k plan or international pension/retirement plans
- Flexible time-off policy and hybrid working practices
- Tuition reimbursement program to support your and personal growth
- Equity opportunities and an employee stock purchase program (ESPP)
- Comprehensive Mental Health and Employee Assistance Program (EAP) benefit
We're guided by our DATA values and we are passionate about building and delivering solutions that accelerate data innovations. At Informatica, we know diversity drives innovation. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer dedicated to maintaining a work environment free from discrimination, one where all employees are treated with dignity.
Informatica (NYSE: INFA), an Enterprise Cloud Data Management leader, brings data to life by empowering businesses to realize the transformative power of their most critical assets. We have pioneered the Informatica Intelligent Data Management Cloud™ (IDMC) that manages data across any multi-cloud, hybrid system, democratizing data to advance business strategies. Customers in over 100 countries and 85 of the Fortune 100 rely on Informatica. www.informatica.com. Connect with LinkedIn, Twitter, and Facebook. Informatica. Where data comes to life.
Seniority Level: Mid-Senior Level
Alternative Location(s) :
Community / Marketing Title: Principal Software Engineer (C++)
Remote LinkedIn Hashtag:
EEO Employer Verbiage:
At Informatica we know diversity drives innovation. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer dedicated to maintaining a work environment free from discrimination, one where all employees are treated with dignity and respect. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, gender, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, religion, age, disability, gender identity, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable law and Informatica policy.
Travel Requirement: Limited
Location_formattedLocationLong: Maidenhead, GB