Principal Software Engineer
Location: Redwood City, CA, USA
Job Number: 36293
Position Title: Principal Software Engineer
Build Your Career at Informatica
We're looking for a diverse group of collaborators who believe data has the power to improve society. Adventurous, work-from-anywhere minds who value solving some of the world's most challenging problems. Here, employees are encouraged to push their boldest ideas forward, united by a passion to create a world where data improves the quality of life for people and businesses everywhere.
Principal Software Engineer
We're looking for a Principal Software Engineer candidate with experience in Go, Java, and Kubernetes to join our team in Redwood City, CA (Onsite/Hybrid).
You will report to the Director, Cloud Engineering & Ops.
You will use modern tools to build a secure infrastructure in a multi-cloud environment
Technology You'll Use
Go, Java, Kubernetes and Linux
Your Role Responsibilities? Here's What You'll Do
- Use the latest tools to build a secure infrastructure in a multi-cloud environment
- Participate in feature development and work with other team members to ensure quality and predictable delivery
- Develop end-to-end support on Kubernetes operators
- Work with QA team to ensure minimal regressions and comprehensive customer-centric testing
- Investigate, develop the features individually or with a small team
- Participate in internal and cross-team meetings, scoping, decision-making and technical documentation
- Assist Development and product operations engineers with troubleshooting infrastructure issues
What We'd Like to See
- 8+ years of software development experience to develop multi-tiered infrastructure and applications
- 3+ years of experience in the Kubernetes environment
- Knowledge of Go, Java, and Node.js programming language, paradigms, constructs, and idioms
- Knowledge on Linux system right from kernel and up.
- Automation friendly. If it can be codified, it can be automated
- Experience with service mesh platforms like Istio and Linkerd
- Hands-on experience with hashicorp tool chains like vault and terraform
- Experience on Continuous delivery tools like Harness, Argo, and FluxCD
- Object-oriented programming skills Good understanding of data structures and algorithms.
- Experience working in distributed team
- Experience in Agile development methodologies and release management techniques
- You understand that making mistake means you are learning
- BA/BS or equivalent educational background, we will consider an equivalent combination of relevant education and experience
- Minimum 8+ years of relevant professional experience
Perks & Benefits
- Comprehensive health, vision, and wellness benefits (Paid parental leave, adoption benefits, life insurance, disability insurance and 401k plan or international pension/retirement plans
- Flexible time-off policy and hybrid working practices
- Tuition reimbursement program to support your and personal growth
- Equity opportunities and an employee stock purchase program (ESPP)
- Comprehensive Mental Health and Employee Assistance Program (EAP) benefit
We're guided by our DATA values and passionate about building and delivering solutions that accelerate data innovations. We do that by creating an inclusive culture that celebrates and supports diversity. So, if your experience aligns but doesn't exactly match every qualification, apply anyway. You may be exactly who we need to fuel our future with innovative ideas and a thriving culture.
Informatica (NYSE: INFA), an Enterprise Cloud Data Management leader, brings data and AI to life by empowering businesses to realize the transformative power of their most critical assets. We pioneered the Informatica Intelligent Data Management Cloud™ that manages data across any multi-cloud, hybrid system, democratizing data to advance business strategies. Customers in over 100 countries and 85 of the Fortune 100 rely on Informatica. www.informatica.com. Connect with LinkedIn, Twitter, and Facebook. Informatica. Where data and AI come to life.
City: Redwood City
Seniority Level: Mid-Senior Level
Alternative Location(s) :
Community / Marketing Title: Principal Software Engineer
Remote LinkedIn Hashtag:
LinkedIN Hashtag: LI-AS2
EEO Employer Verbiage:
At Informatica we know diversity drives innovation. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer dedicated to maintaining a work environment free from discrimination, one where all employees are treated with dignity and respect. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, gender, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, religion, age, disability, gender identity, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable law and Informatica policy.
Travel Requirement: Limited
Location_formattedLocationLong: Redwood City, California US