Principal Machine Learning Engineer
Location: Redwood City, CA, USA
Job Number: 36352
Position Title: Principal Machine Learning Engineer
Build Your Career at Informatica
We're looking for a diverse group of collaborators who believe data has the power to improve society. Adventurous, work-from-anywhere minds who value solving some of the world's most challenging problems. Here, employees are encouraged to push their boldest ideas forward, united by a passion to create a world where data improves the quality of life for people and businesses everywhere.
Informatica is on a journey to leverage generative AI for cloud data management. We are looking for a Principal Machine Learning Engineer with experience in building applications using generative AI and design and development of large-scale Artificial Intelligence/Machine Learning solutions to join our Informatic Cloud Team in Redwood City, CA.
Informatica is always looking for experienced individuals to join our team.
As a Principal AI/ML Engineer, you will be responsible for building machine learning based solutions for Data Integration, Data Quality, Master Data Management, Data Governance, and other Information Management solutions. You will research techniques to leverage LLM’s, deep learning and other cutting-edge ML/NLP methods as part of Informatica Intelligent Data Management Cloud (IDMC)
In the role of Principal AI/ML Engineer, you will be working independently with product managers and architects. You will work with structured and unstructured datasets, and extract business insights from them. You provide AI thought leadership and effectively inspire creativity in our products.
You will report to the Senior Director, Development R&D ENG_Platform_CL
You will work with a keen commitment to customer success and work very closely with architects, product managers and customers to shape the roadmap of the CLAIRE team
Technology You'll Use
- JAVA SDK, J2EE Spring Framework, REST, JSON, Spark, Apache Arrow/Iceberg
- Build tools such as Gradle, Maven, npm, webpack, rollup
- AWS/Azure/GCP, Kubernetes, Docker, MySQL, flyway, chef
- ML frameworks and libraries such as pytorch, TensorFlow, Keras
- Distributed processing frameworks such as Spark
Your Role Responsibilities? Here's What You'll Do
- Drive the end-to-end design and development of machine learning solutions for the Informatica IDMC leveraging modern techniques including LLMs
- Research and implement machine learning algorithms into services and pipelines to be consumed at web-scale as part of Informatica Cloud Platform
- Help build common AI/ML components such as central discovery service, training frameworks, metadata knowledge graph, data infrastructures for accelerating the development of AI/ML components that could be consumed by various Informatica products
- Champion and communicate the value proposition and differentiation of AI/ML to internal audiences
- Build AI/ML expertise in the engineering division
- Collaborate with academia and the research community.
- Hiring strong and diverse talent to strengthen the team.
What We'd Like to See
- Solid experience designing and developing solutions using Java/python, Cloud platforms like AWS, Azure, GCP
- Experience working with distributed processing frameworks.
- Experience working with Kubernetes and cloud-first cloud-native platforms
- MS or above in Computer Science or related fields with experience in machine learning
- 8+ years of industry and research experience in developing productionizing machine learning based solutions on cloud
- Solid understanding of LLM architecture and hands-on experience using and adapting them to specific use cases through prompt engineering, fine tuning on domain specific data etc.
- Expert experience with ML frameworks and libraries like PyTorch, TensorFlow, Keras etc. earn new technologies quickly
- Learn and mentor other team members in machine learning
- Strong analytical and interpersonal skills
- Experience with cloud application development, deployment, operation
Perks & Benefits
- Comprehensive health, vision, and wellness benefits (Paid parental leave, adoption benefits, life insurance, disability insurance and 401k plan or international pension/retirement plans
- Flexible time-off policy and hybrid working practices
- Tuition reimbursement program to support your and personal growth
- Equity opportunities and an employee stock purchase program (ESPP)
- Comprehensive Mental Health and Employee Assistance Program (EAP) benefit
We're guided by our DATA values and we are passionate about building and delivering solutions that accelerate data innovations. At Informatica, we know diversity drives innovation. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer dedicated to maintaining a work environment free from discrimination, one where all employees are treated with dignity.
Informatica (NYSE: INFA), an Enterprise Cloud Data Management leader, brings data to life by empowering businesses to realize the transformative power of their most critical assets. We have pioneered the Informatica Intelligent Data Management Cloud™ (IDMC) that manages data across any multi-cloud, hybrid system, democratizing data to advance business strategies. Customers in over 100 countries and 85 of the Fortune 100 rely on Informatica. www.informatica.com. Connect with LinkedIn, Twitter, and Facebook. Informatica. Where data comes to life.
City: Redwood City
Seniority Level: Mid-Senior Level
Alternative Location(s) :
Community / Marketing Title: Principal Machine Learning Engineer
Remote LinkedIn Hashtag:
LinkedIN Hashtag: LI-AS2
EEO Employer Verbiage:
At Informatica we know diversity drives innovation. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer dedicated to maintaining a work environment free from discrimination, one where all employees are treated with dignity and respect. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, gender, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, religion, age, disability, gender identity, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable law and Informatica policy.
Travel Requirement: Limited
Location_formattedLocationLong: Redwood City, California US