Principal Machine Learning Engineer
Location: Redwood City, CA, USA
Job Number: 36352
Position Title: Principal Machine Learning Engineer
Build Your Career at Informatica
We're looking for a diverse group of collaborators who believe data has the power to improve society. Adventurous, work-from-anywhere minds who value solving some of the world's most challenging problems. Here, employees are encouraged to push their boldest ideas forward, united by a passion to create a world where data improves the quality of life for people and businesses everywhere.
Informatica is always looking for talented individuals to join our team.
Principal Machine Learning Engineer in Redwood City, CA
We're looking for a Principal Machine Learning Engineer candidate with experience in AI, ML, NLP to join our team in Redwood City, CA (onsite/hybrid)
You will report to the Senior Director, Development R&D ENG_Platform_CL
You will work in a fast-paced environment with a keen commitment to customer success and work very closely with architects, product managers and customers to shape the roadmap of the CLAIRE team
Technology You'll Use
- deep learning algorithms
- large language models and NLP
Your Role Responsibilities? Here's What You'll Do
- Lead the end-to-end design and development of machine learning solutions for the Informatica Data Management Cloud (IDMC)
- Research and implement machine learning algorithms into services and pipelines to be consumed at web-scale
- Help build common AI/ML components such as central discovery service, training frameworks, metadata knowledge graph, data infrastructures for accelerating the development of AI/ML components that could be consumed by various Informatica products
- Champion and communicate the value proposition and differentiation of AI/ML to internal audiences
- Build AI/ML expertise in the engineering division
- Collaborate with academia and the research community.
- Hiring strong and diverse talent to strengthen the team.
What We'd Like to See
- Solid experience designing and developing solutions using Java/python, Cloud platforms like AWS, Azure, GCP
- Experience working with distributed processing frameworks.
- Experience working with Kubernetes and cloud-first cloud-native platforms
- Experience with machine learning and deploying machine learning solutions in production
- Experience with supervised, unsupervised, deep learning algorithms
- Experience with large language models and NLP
- Experience with ML development lifecycle, onboarding stakeholders as well as supporting successful adoption of AI/ML services
- Experience in delivering large, enterprise-scale, distributed, high performance platforms and developing reusable and common services developed across products.
- Some cloud experience including but not limited to multi-tenancy, secured application, high availability, microservices, telemetry
- Excellent presentation skills, sharing technical and execution plans with executives and external partners
- BA/BS or equivalent educational background, we will consider an equivalent combination of relevant education and experience
- Minimum 8+ years of relevant professional experience
Perks & Benefits
- Comprehensive health, vision, and wellness benefits (Paid parental leave, adoption benefits, life insurance, disability insurance and 401k plan or international pension/retirement plans
- Flexible time-off policy and hybrid working practices
- Tuition reimbursement program to support your and personal growth
- Equity opportunities and an employee stock purchase program (ESPP)
- Comprehensive Mental Health and Employee Assistance Program (EAP) benefit
We're guided by our DATA values and we are passionate about building and delivering solutions that accelerate data innovations. At Informatica, we know diversity drives innovation. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer dedicated to maintaining a work environment free from discrimination, one where all employees are treated with dignity.
Informatica (NYSE: INFA), an Enterprise Cloud Data Management leader, brings data to life by empowering businesses to realize the transformative power of their most critical assets. We have pioneered the Informatica Intelligent Data Management Cloud™ (IDMC) that manages data across any multi-cloud, hybrid system, democratizing data to advance business strategies. Customers in over 100 countries and 85 of the Fortune 100 rely on Informatica. www.informatica.com. Connect with LinkedIn, Twitter, and Facebook. Informatica. Where data comes to life.
City: Redwood City
Seniority Level: Mid-Senior Level
Alternative Location(s) :
Community / Marketing Title: Principal Machine Learning Engineer
Remote LinkedIn Hashtag:
LinkedIN Hashtag: LI-AS2
EEO Employer Verbiage:
At Informatica we know diversity drives innovation. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer dedicated to maintaining a work environment free from discrimination, one where all employees are treated with dignity and respect. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, gender, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, religion, age, disability, gender identity, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable law and Informatica policy.
Travel Requirement: Limited
Location_formattedLocationLong: Redwood City, California US