Director of International Tax
Location: Redwood City, CA, USA
Job Number: 36357
Position Title: Director, Tax
Build Your Career at Informatica
We're looking for a diverse group of collaborators who believe data has the power to improve society. Adventurous, work-from-anywhere minds who value solving some of the world's most challenging problems. Here, employees are encouraged to push their boldest ideas forward, united by a passion to create a world where data improves the quality of life for people and businesses everywhere.
Director of International Tax
The Director of International Tax is a key leadership role in our publicly traded data management company with a global footprint. This position is responsible for managing international tax compliance, strategy, and supporting the quarterly and annual tax provision process. The successful candidate will have extensive knowledge of international tax regulations, a strategic mindset, and lead a team to ensure compliance and optimize our international tax position.
You will report to the Senior Director, Tax
Your Role Responsibilities? Here's What You'll Do
- International Tax Strategy:
- Develop and implement the company's international tax strategy to ensure compliance with local tax laws and regulations.
- Advise senior management on international tax planning opportunities and risks.
- International Tax Compliance:
- Manage the preparation and filing of all international tax returns.
- Tax Provision:
- Lead the international tax quarterly and annual tax provision process, including the calculation of deferred taxes, tax rate, and financial statement disclosures.
- Coordinate with all partners to gather necessary information for the tax provision process.
- International Tax Research:
- Stay up-to-date on international tax law changes, regulatory developments, and best practices.
- Provide guidance and insights to the company based on the latest international tax trends and developments.
- Team Leadership:
- Manage a team of international tax professionals, providing leadership, training, and development opportunities.
- Foster a collaborative and high-performing team culture.
- Risk Management:
- Identify and assess international tax risks and develop strategies to mitigate them.
- Work to ensure that our international tax policies and procedures align with its risk tolerance.
- Audit and Compliance:
- Manage international tax audits, working closely with external auditors and tax authorities to resolve issues.
- Ensure that all international tax positions are properly documented and supported.
What We'd Like to See
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, or a related field (Master's degree preferred).
- CPA or equivalent professional certification.
- Extensive experience in international tax with a minimum of 10 years in a leadership role.
- Strong knowledge of international tax laws and regulations, and income tax accounting.
- Previous experience in a publicly traded company.
- BA/BS or equivalent educational background, we will consider an equivalent combination of relevant education and experience
- Minimum 15+ years of relevant professional experience
- Routinely a manager of managers
Perks & Benefits
- Comprehensive health, vision, and wellness benefits (Paid parental leave, adoption benefits, life insurance, disability insurance and 401k plan or international pension/retirement plans
- Flexible time-off policy and hybrid working practices
- Tuition reimbursement program to support your and personal growth
- Equity opportunities and an employee stock purchase program (ESPP)
- Comprehensive Mental Health and Employee Assistance Program (EAP) benefit
We're guided by our DATA values and we are passionate about building and delivering solutions that accelerate data innovations. At Informatica, we know diversity drives innovation. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer dedicated to maintaining a work environment free from discrimination, one where all employees are treated with dignity.
Informatica (NYSE: INFA), an Enterprise Cloud Data Management leader, brings data to life by empowering businesses to realize the transformative power of their most critical assets. We have pioneered the Informatica Intelligent Data Management Cloud™ (IDMC) that manages data across any multi-cloud, hybrid system, democratizing data to advance business strategies. Customers in over 100 countries and 85 of the Fortune 100 rely on Informatica. www.informatica.com. Connect with LinkedIn, Twitter, and Facebook. Informatica. Where data comes to life.
City: Redwood City
Seniority Level: Director
Alternative Location(s) :
Community / Marketing Title: Director of International Tax
Remote LinkedIn Hashtag:
LinkedIN Hashtag: LI-TK1
EEO Employer Verbiage:
At Informatica we know diversity drives innovation. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer dedicated to maintaining a work environment free from discrimination, one where all employees are treated with dignity and respect. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, gender, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, religion, age, disability, gender identity, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable law and Informatica policy.
Travel Requirement: Limited
Location_formattedLocationLong: Redwood City, California US