Regional Legal Counsel, APAC
Location: Sydney NSW, Australia
Job Number: 36545
Position Title: Senior Contracts Analyst
Build Your Career at Informatica
We're looking for a diverse group of collaborators who believe data has the power to improve society. Adventurous, work-from-anywhere minds who value solving some of the world's most challenging problems. Here, employees are encouraged to push their boldest ideas forward, united by a passion to create a world where data improves the quality of life for people and businesses everywhere.
Regional Legal Counsel, Asia-Pacific (role can be based in Sydney or Melbourne)
We are Informatica- the globally recognised leader in Enterprise Cloud Data Management! Our software manages the data of some of the most visible Fortune 500 entities and government agencies in the world and we're proud to have a huge impact on today's society by building greener technology and advancing medical research!
The Informatica Legal team is a diverse and collaborative group of professionals who are well-respected throughout the organization. We contribute to Informatica's success by forging close relationships with members of other departments and identifying and resolving legal issues on a proactive basis. Legal team members prioritize and follow through on several projects simultaneously, which provides an excellent opportunity for both personal achievement and professional growth.
You will be based in our Australia office and will report to our Head of Legal for Asia-Pacific based in Singapore. Although this role will primarily support the Australian and New Zealand businesses, you will have greater international exposure by being involved in other legal matters within the Asia-Pacific region and some global projects. You will require flexibility and priority management to ensure an appropriate level of service to the internal customer while balanced with the aims of the legal department.
You must be a team player with the ability to resolve legal issues, draft and negotiate contracts, and pragmatically balance legal and business concerns. Experience with issues about software licensing, cloud computing, artificial intelligence, product development, open source, IP, inbound technology licensing, commercial law, and revenue recognition is highly desirable.
You bring your experience to provide legal support for complex technology transactions. More specifically, you will:
- Provide legal support for product-related technology transactions, including negotiating and drafting technology agreements for software licensing and support services, OEM, Cloud, professional services, and related distribution/resell agreements
- Advise business and technical colleagues on a broad range of legal subject areas, including general commercial, privacy, data protection, and intellectual property issues
- Maintain relationships with managers in the Informatica departments to stay familiar with business plans and goals (and how these would affect Informatica's position in contract negotiations)
- Anticipate problems and initiate actions to ensure contractual issues are addressed
- Assist in license compliance initiatives
- Liaise with corporate legal on other areas of law according to local requirements (eg Privacy/GDPR, artificial intelligence, employment, corporate governance, etc)
Key Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree in Law or Juris Doctorate
- 2 to 4 years of relevant experience as an in-house counsel or private practice.
- Strong drafting and negotiation skills with proven experience handling complex commercial agreements, including multi-channel distribution, software licensing, and services agreements.
- They were meticulously detailed in their work while maintaining a high-level view of the overall project.
- Able to understand cultural and stakeholder differences and perceive matters from different lenses.
- Able to work independently,, and with minimal supervision
- Possess good judgment and problem-solving skills and comfortable advising and working with senior management
Perks & Benefits
- Comprehensive health, vision, and wellness benefits (Paid parental leave, adoption benefits, life insurance, disability insurance and 401k plan or international pension/retirement plans
- Flexible time-off policy and hybrid working practices
- Tuition reimbursement program to support your and personal growth
- Equity opportunities and an employee stock purchase program (ESPP)
- Comprehensive Mental Health and Employee Assistance Program (EAP) benefit
We're guided by our DATA values and we are passionate about building and delivering solutions that accelerate data innovations. At Informatica, we know diversity drives innovation. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer dedicated to maintaining a work environment free from discrimination, one where all employees are treated with dignity.
Informatica (NYSE: INFA), an Enterprise Cloud Data Management leader, brings data and AI to life by empowering businesses to realize the transformative power of their most critical assets. We pioneered the Informatica Intelligent Data Management Cloud™ that manages data across any multi-cloud, hybrid system, democratizing data to advance business strategies. Customers in over 100 countries and 85 of the Fortune 100 rely on Informatica. www.informatica.com. Connect with LinkedIn, Twitter, and Facebook. Informatica. Where data and AI come to life.
State: New South Wales
Seniority Level: Mid-Senior Level
Alternative Location(s) :
Community / Marketing Title: Regional Legal Counsel, APAC
Remote LinkedIn Hashtag: #LI-Hybrid
LinkedIN Hashtag: LI-OG1
EEO Employer Verbiage:
At Informatica we know diversity drives innovation. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer dedicated to maintaining a work environment free from discrimination, one where all employees are treated with dignity and respect. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, gender, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, religion, age, disability, gender identity, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable law and Informatica policy.
Travel Requirement: Limited
Location_formattedLocationLong: Sydney, New South Wales AU