Senior Counsel, NA Commercial Legal
Location: Redwood City, CA, USA
Job Number: 36660
Position Title: Principal Legal Counsel
Build Your Career at Informatica
We're looking for a diverse group of collaborators who believe data has the power to improve society. Adventurous, work-from-anywhere minds who value solving some of the world's most challenging problems. Here, employees are encouraged to push their boldest ideas forward, united by a passion to create a world where data improves the quality of life for people and businesses everywhere.
Senior Counsel, NA Commercial Legal
Informatica is looking for a Senior Counsel with experience in software, SaaS (Cloud), partner, procurement and other agreements to join our team. This is an individual contributor role reporting to our Sr. Director / Associate General Counsel, NA Commercial Legal. This is a hybrid position working 2 - 3 days per week in our Redwood City, CA office.
As a Senior Counsel, you will negotiate SaaS (Cloud), software, partner, procurement and other agreements involving a variety of complex and evolving issues. You will also provide programmatic support for important programs and transactional process improvements. This is a hands-on individual contributor role in which you will work with customers, vendors, partners, senior executives and other internal clients across multiple organizations including Sales, CA&R, Finance, and Procurement.
Your Role Responsibilities? Here's What You'll Do
- Structure, review and negotiate outbound (revenue) commercial Cloud software, services partner, and procurement contracts.
- Manage risk and ensure business and compliance needs are reflected in agreements
- Respond promptly to the demands of an active technology sales team and their management
- Support programs, new go to market structures and programs and other projects as required
What We'd Like to See
- You have intellectual curiosity and a desire for learning
- Experience developing creative solutions for complex and evolving issues
- You demonstrate a pragmatic and business oriented perspective, consistently good judgment and impeccable integrity
- Ability to navigate ambiguity
- Collaborative, team player
- Minimum 8+ years of relevant professional experience
- Juris Doctorate or equivalent from an accredited major law school and licensed to practice in the United States
- Experience drafting, reviewing and negotiating complex SaaS, software services, partner and procurement agreements
- Experience relating to SaaS-centric issues, such as revenue recognition, tax, privacy, security, HIPAA, GDPR, intellectual property rights
- Some in-house commercial licensing/SaaS experience preferred
Perks & Benefits
- Comprehensive health, vision, and wellness benefits (Paid parental leave, adoption benefits, life insurance, disability insurance and 401k plan or international pension/retirement plans
- Flexible time-off policy and hybrid working practices
- Tuition reimbursement program to support your and personal growth
- Equity opportunities and an employee stock purchase program (ESPP)
- Comprehensive Mental Health and Employee Assistance Program (EAP) benefit
We're guided by our DATA values and we are passionate about building and delivering solutions that accelerate data innovations. At Informatica, we know diversity drives innovation. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer dedicated to maintaining a work environment free from discrimination, one where all employees are treated with dignity.
Informatica (NYSE: INFA), an Enterprise Cloud Data Management leader, empowers businesses to achieve the transformative power of data. We have pioneered a new category of software, the Informatica Intelligent Data Management Cloud™ (IDMC), powered by AI and a cloud-first, cloud-native, end-to-end data management platform that unifies data across any multi-cloud, hybrid system, empowering enterprises to modernize and improve their data strategies. Customers in more than 100 countries and 84 of the Fortune 100 rely on Informatica to guide data-led digital transformation. www.informatica.com. Connect with us on LinkedIn, Twitter, and Facebook. Informatica. Cloud First. Data Always™
City: Redwood City
Seniority Level: Mid-Senior Level
Alternative Location(s) :
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Counsel, NA Commercial Legal
Remote LinkedIn Hashtag: #LI-Remote
LinkedIN Hashtag: LI-TK1
EEO Employer Verbiage:
At Informatica we know diversity drives innovation. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer dedicated to maintaining a work environment free from discrimination, one where all employees are treated with dignity and respect. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, gender, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, religion, age, disability, gender identity, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable law and Informatica policy.
Travel Requirement: Limited
Location_formattedLocationLong: Redwood City, California US