Sr Hosting Engineer
Location: Austin, Texas US
Job Number: 26623
Position Title: Principal Systems Engineer
Job Profile SummaryPerforms IT functions such as design, analysis, evaluation, testing, debugging and implementation of applications programs supporting the company infrastructure business processes and operations and/or network-based (cloud) product systems. Analyzes, installs, acquires, modifies and supports operating systems, database or utilities software. Plans, conducts and directs the analysis of business problems with automated systems solutions. Analyzes, designs, acquires and implements projects for LAN and/or WAN systems. Plans, designs, acquires and implements telecommunications voice/wire systems. At higher job levels, may contribute to the development, testing, evaluation or design of system or infrastructure architecture used throughout the IT solution set.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
• Managing and monitoring all installed systems and infrastructure
• Installing, configuring, testing and maintaining operating systems, application software and system management tools
• Ensuring the highest levels of systems and infrastructure availability
• Owns large responsibility in global architecture design and growth discussions and initiatives
• Monitors and tracks incidents in the IT ticketing system in support of the incident and problem management process, recognizes high priority tickets and acts within target resolution and response times
• Resolves escalations from the IT Service Desk and handles client support requests, as well as takes ownership of service issues and ensures full closure is achieved
Knowledge & Skills
• Holds expert-level experience and uses professional concepts and company objectives to resolve complex issues in creative and effective ways.
• Works on complex issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors.
• Exercises judgment in methods, techniques, and evaluation criteria for obtaining results.
• Leverages business acumen and subject matter expertise.
•Thorough understanding of business priorities, strategy and direction.
• Works across the organization and maintains/builds strong working relationships based in experiences/past interactions.
• Excellent communication skills and the ability to articulate task management, priorities, and issues.
•Flexibility and ability to learn new technologies while quickly translating requirements to prototype
• Demonstrated ability to drive continuous improvement
• BA/BS or equivalent educational background is preferred.
• Minimum 8+ years of relevant professional experience.
Alternative Location(s) :
Community / Marketing Title: Sr Hosting Engineer
At Informatica, We “DATA”. We Do Good, Act As One Team, Think Customer First, and Aspire For The Future. Informatica enables companies to unleash the power of data to become more agile, realize new growth opportunities, lead to new inventions resulting in intelligent market disruptions.
A career with Informatica gives you all the opportunities and benefits that can only come from working for the trusted industry leader, including amazing, energetic team members; a globally diverse workplace; and a company dedicated to your success, growth, and advancement.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Navigating COVID-19 and Beyond
- Since March 2020, our INFA Team have been working remotely to do our part to slow the spread of COVID-19
- During this time, work-life balance and the well-being of our team has been a priority for us. In lieu of not being in the office, our teams are actively participating online via video chats. You'll find groups connecting for online games, virtual break rooms, online training, yoga, morning coffee, and so much more!
- We're also offering all teammates the ability to expense home office items (monitor, chair, desk, etc…) to ensure that you're as comfortable as possible
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
Life at Informatica
Follow us to meet our team, learn more about life, careers, and events at Informatica. Conquering the Impossible with data, come join #LifeAtINFA!
Travel Requirement: Limited
Location_formattedLocationLong: Austin, Texas US