Solution Engineer MDM-PIM (S)
Location: Maidenhead, GB
Job Number: 23363
Position Title: PreSales Support Engineer 3
The Solution engineers team play a vital role in engineering and providing technical delivery of POC and Custom Demo environments, supporting Solution Architects and Product Specialists during the presales cycle. Innovations, customisation and extension of product capabilities is also an important part of a solution engineer duties. Backed by the power of the Informatica products and solutions we act to solve our customers’ data problems.
To grow our team, we are now looking for an experienced solution engineer, with excellent skills in Master Data Management/Product Information Management solutions, to work in a team of highly performing and experienced Solution Engineers, Product Specialists and Solution Architects. This position plays a lead role in supporting technical field personnel on delivering Informatica solutions. You’ll act as a technical member of the sales team (technical sales) by proving Informatica’s technical capabilities. This is an exciting and challenging role, offering the chance to strategise, design, create and deliver sales solutions based upon customer’s requirements.
Our Ideal Candidate
You have an innate ability to understand requirements and product presentations, demonstrations and technology proofs to address those requirements. Critical thinking, reasoning, and problem solving in and out of your areas of expertise are your strong sides. Being resourceful, you’re able to solve problem outside your areas of expertise. Others would say that you are exceptionally thorough, have great attention for detail, and follow-through. You’re good in your written and verbal communications with strong interpersonal skills. You’re flexible with hours to support North America working hours.
In addition, you have the following attributes:
- An ability to rapidly understand and translate clients’ business challenges and concerns into a solution architecture and technical scope.
- Resourcefulness, creativity and strategic thinking for troubleshooting technical issues.
- Passion for innovative approaches and contribution to product evolution.
Your role will be based in Dublin, Ireland, supporting the North America and European Pre-Sales teams providing in-depth skills for MDM, PIM, DQ and potentially other Informatica product and product-fueled solutions.
The primary responsibilities are
- Build a POC/Custom Demo according to the given solution and develop necessary product customisations.
- Create ad hoc and reusable product customisations and consider their future reusability value.
- Install and configure Informatica products, ensure VMs/templates compliance with security and fair usage policies, perform product/solutions upgrades.
Other responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Contribute to enablement materials and Presales knowledge base. Provide the community with technical tips and tricks. Warn the community about known product issues and limitations and give the work arounds if possible.
- Remote Customer support during the Sales cycle: first level technical support and troubleshooting.
- Collaborate on product quality and evolution: escalate product bugs and issues, provide enhancement and feature requests to Product Managers and Business Unit.
- Test the new product releases and demo environments.
- At least five years of experience in a solution engineering, professional services consultant or technical support role working with Master Data Management or Product Information Management solutions, ideally using Informatica products.
- Knowledge of other enterprise software solutions (Business Process Management, Data Governance, Data Integration and Data quality)
- Very strong technical awareness. Ability to grasp and self-teach new technologies, concepts, terms. Good self-efficacy;
- Ability to work as part of a virtual team in engineering and delivering a solution.
- Very good written skills
- Ability to read, speak and understand English fluently.
Alternative Location(s) :
Community / Marketing Title: Solution Engineer MDM-PIM (S)
At Informatica, We “DATA”. We Do Good, Act As One Team, Think Customer First, and Aspire For The Future. Informatica enables companies to unleash the power of data to become more agile, realize new growth opportunities, lead to new inventions resulting in intelligent market disruptions.
A career with Informatica gives you all the opportunities and benefits that can only come from working for the trusted industry leader, including amazing, energetic team members; a globally diverse workplace; and a company dedicated to your success, growth and advancement.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
Life at Informatica
Follow us to meet our team, learn more about life, careers, and events at Informatica. Conquering the Impossible with data, come join #LifeAtINFA!
Travel Requirement: Limited
Location_formattedLocationLong: Maidenhead, GB