Customer Success Technologist
Location: Austin, Texas US
Job Number: 24979
Position Title: Principal Customer Success Specialist
Informatica is the only Enterprise Cloud Data Management leader that accelerates data-driven digital transformation. Informatica enables companies to unleash the power of data to become more agile, realize new growth opportunities, lead to new inventions resulting in intelligent market disruptions. With over 7,000 customers worldwide, Informatica is the trusted leader in Enterprise Cloud Data Management.
We want a technically focused but strategically aware Information Management specialist who will work closely with the CSM team to evangelize, consult, train customers to realize value out of their investments in Informatica's products and help solve their Digital Transformation challenges. Working with the Customer Success manager, you would be engaging with our customers right after the point of sale to help understand Customer's business outcomes and map the architectural blue print with business success.
Our Ideal Candidate
You're technically proficient and have the patience and passion to guide customers and stakeholders through all the capabilities of our products and solutions. Whether it's an initial product evaluation, product demonstration, or addressing technical pain points during the customer’s production adoption lifecycle you're willing to take the time to provide deep explanations and find solutions where needed. You find a collaborative work environment rewarding yet are equally adept at and content working independently.
As an influential and effective teacher, you are eager to share your knowledge and best practices and to develop and sustain an open line of communication with your supervisor and teammates. If your team members or customers are in remote locations, you are comfortable with travel to engage face-to-face.
In addition, you have the following attributes:
- An ability to rapidly understand and translate clients' business challenges and concerns into a solution-oriented discussion.
- Persuasive communication skills for presenting to all customer levels, from CTOs/CIOs, to engineering managers and programmers.
- Resourcefulness, creativity and strategic thinking for troubleshooting problems.
You'll serve as the owner of the technical agenda with responsibility for explaining, training, analyzing the technical aspects of the solution to customers. Working with Customer Success Managers, you'll manage the technical sales cycle to ensure new business opportunities come to fruition and generate revenue for the company.
You would be responsible for providing architecture and design, use case development and solution implementation advice. You would also be interacting closely with our Adoption services and Professional services and have a seamless handoff for broader services engagements. You will also work with the Product/Engineering Teams to understand best recommendations to design a solution OR provide valuable feedback to them to better align our product to customer needs. In this role, you'll serve as a counselor and adviser to customers and a technical coach to co-workers, providing advice and guidance throughout the Post-sales engagement. Since the CSM team is responsible for Product Adoption and Renewal Protection, your role assumes significant importance for Informatica’s success .
You'll proactively engage with customers and prospects to demonstrate our solutions and effectively communicate the key differentiators. To set the stage for successful implementations you'll assist customers with initial product evaluations and testing. Connecting the dots between the technical requirements of a project and the business requirements is elemental to the success of this position.
Other responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Respond promptly to customer questions with technical explanations of product features and capabilities.
- Serve as a technical coach to your colleagues in customer success team.
- Prepare and deliver differentiated solution presentations or technical proposals.
- Deliver and/or coordinate differentiated solution demonstrations to clients and prospective customers.
- Manage technical validation activities including Proof of Concepts.
- A college degree.
- At least 10 years of experience in a Pre-sales or Post-sales consulting role, preferably in Enterprise software solutions (Data Integration, Big Data, Data Quality, MDM, B2B, Business Intelligence, Cloud, ESB, Databases), ideally using Informatica products.
- Excellent written communication skills, experience of preparing proposals and responses to ITTs.
- Ability to communicate a technical message with business relevance to a non-technical audience as well as a technical audience
- Excellent presentation abilities and composure in front of all levels of technical and business customers or prospects.
- Great executive presence capable of gaining trust of C-Level executives
- Superb organizational skills to be able to coordinate complicated projects across Informatica Products.
- Ability to work as part of a virtual team in delivering a proposal.
- Strong technical and business awareness.
- Industry sector knowledge preferred.
Alternative Location(s) : Austin, TX & Toronto Canada
Community / Marketing Title: Customer Success Technologist
At Informatica, We “DATA”. We Do Good, Act As One Team, Think Customer First, and Aspire For The Future. Informatica enables companies to unleash the power of data to become more agile, realize new growth opportunities, lead to new inventions resulting in intelligent market disruptions.
A career with Informatica gives you all the opportunities and benefits that can only come from working for the trusted industry leader, including amazing, energetic team members; a globally diverse workplace; and a company dedicated to your success, growth and advancement.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
Life at Informatica
Follow us to meet our team, learn more about life, careers, and events at Informatica. Conquering the Impossible with data, come join #LifeAtINFA!
Travel Requirement: Up to 25%
Location_formattedLocationLong: Austin, Texas US