QA Engineer - Java Automation
Location: Hyderabad, IN
Job Number: 27368
Position Title: QA Engineer
Software Engineer – QA
Informatica Data Security Group (DSG) is a product development team who focus on development of Industry Leading Data Security Products. The products help customers to discover and protect sensitive data across the enterprise. See the URL for additional details: https://www.informatica.com/products/data-security.html
The position is suited for energetic engineers with experience working on enterprise scale software products or solutions. As a Lead QA Engineer, you will participate in the testing effort of enterprise software. You will test and critique software components and interfaces in great technical depth, write test automation frameworks, programs to assure high product quality, and develop advanced test tools using Java to increase productivity and efficiency. You will play a key role in on-time product delivery with high quality and drive customer success through R&D level support and related engagements. The position is suited for highly motivated, innovative and energetic individuals with a desire to work on the latest technology stack. You will work on a broad spectrum of technologies including the latest and emerging technologies in the Big Data space.
Our Ideal Candidate
This position is suited for highly energetic self-driven individual who aspires to achieve challenging goals as part of his career objective. As an ideal candidate, you shall be responsible for developing automation framework, conducting functional, concurrency, tests with efficient usage of automation tools and API testing, and also provide feedback and advice to product development. You shall be able to efficiently prioritize and organize your tasks. You take ownership of component(s) and ensure that all aspects of quality are met. You have passion towards quality and are a constant innovator and process improvement to SQA procedures.
- Deliver improvements to automation framework, and fill gaps in automation of test
- Develop automated tests not only for your features but also to support other QA engineers
- Design, create, and use test automation tools and harnesses
- Oversee the overall QA life-cycle, from test planning, to implementation, execution and results reporting
- Design and implement test cases in a rapid prototyping environment with minimal supervision
- Perform and orchestrate multiple activities simultaneously
- Participate actively in all requirements, design and architectural activities
- Collaborate effectively with engineers to solve complex problems to deliver end-to-end quality in our technology and customer experience
- Assist customers and field engineers with troubleshooting issues and problems
- Mentor juniors involved in the same work.
- Understand technical test challenges and design feasible solutions to address them
- Work closely with Development lead, Product Managers (PM), Global customer service, Professional Services (IPS), etc. to validate the solutions built for industry segments
- Communicate effectively with all stakeholders across the organization
- Troubleshoot production issues and work with the team to design and develop solutions.
- Organize own tasks and takes responsibility for progress and completion
- Interacts with senior, internal and external personnel
- Ability to communicate or present to the whole product team and occasionally across products
- Interacts with and influences other groups on same product and cross product groups.
- Have a positive attitude towards the challenges and possess the feel to be a good fit with Informatica culture.
- Demonstrates ability to multi-task and re-prioritize responsibilities based on changing requirements (such as urgent customer problems).
- BS/MS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or similar technical degree
- 3+ years of Enterprise Software Testing experience with a strong technical background
- Expert in Developing UI automation Frameworks using the Seleniu
- Strong RDBMS fundamentals and hands-on database experience on any 2 systems (Like MySQL, Oracl
- Automation experience in Java, Python, Shell script
- Good working experience and expertise in Unix/Linux
- Knowledge on ETL/BI Testing is desirable.
- Experience with technologies like Tomcat, Ant/Maven, Jenkins is desirable.
- The candidate should have prior experience dealing with full product development lifecycles and multiple releases, preferably of large enterprise software products
- Excellent written & verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Strong team player
- Energetic and motivated self-starter with an ability to think creatively.
Alternative Location(s) :
Community / Marketing Title: QA Engineer - Java Automation
Who We Are
Informatica empowers the world's most progressive companies to realize data-driven digital transformations that are changing the world. To do this, we live by our We "DATA" values. We Do Good, Act As One Team, Think Customer First, and Aspire For The Future. Together, we are conquering the impossible with data and changing what was once unimaginable into what’s now common—making lives richer, businesses stronger, and our world better.
Unleash Your Potential
A career with Informatica gives you all the opportunities and benefits that can only come from working for the trusted industry leader. By joining our team, you'll be able to solve real-life problems, make a difference, have a global impact, and join a supportive group of globally diverse teammates. We encourage you to be yourself, grow with us and unleash your potential.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Navigating COVID-19 and Beyond
- Since March 2020, our INFA Team have been working remotely to do our part to slow the spread of COVID-19
- During this time, work-life balance and the well-being of our team has been a priority for us. In lieu of not being in the office, our teams are actively participating online via video chats. You'll find groups connecting for online games, virtual break rooms, online training, yoga, morning coffee, and so much more!
- We're also offering all teammates the ability to expense home office items (monitor, chair, desk, etc…) to ensure that you're as comfortable as possible
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
Life at Informatica
Follow us to meet our team, learn more about life, careers, and events at Informatica. Conquering the Impossible with data, come join #LifeAtINFA!
Travel Requirement: Limited
Location_formattedLocationLong: Hyderabad, IN