Lead QA Engineer
Location: Bangalore, Karnataka IN
Job Number: 28276
Position Title: Lead QA Engineer
Position: Lead QA Engineer (Automation) - Bangalore
Informatica is the world’s number one independent provider of data integration software. Organizations around the world gain a competitive advantage in today’s global information economy with timely, relevant and trustworthy data for their top business imperatives. More than 4,350 enterprises worldwide rely on Informatica to access, integrate and trust their information assets held in the traditional enterprise, off premise and in the Cloud.
Informatica’s Master Data Management (MDM) product group builds products that deliver consolidated and reliable business-critical data to improve business operations. This single view of data, also known as master data across the enterprise, helps in empowering employees to effectively address business priorities. Several leading firms within the BFSI industry, healthcare, and energy rely on MDM products to drive key business imperatives like increased revenue, profits, and ROI
The position is suited for highly motivated and energetic individuals with a desire to work on high-performance products. You will work on testing new products/product features in an environment that is deployed on the Cloud. You will work on delivering a quality product that benefits customers.
Quality testing includes:
- Responding to reported problems and verifying the same.
- Execute tests, analyze test failures, and suggest potential fixes to bugs found during release testing.
- Own, test, and certify subsystems of the product.
- Deliver high-quality products.
- Work in a global team environment.
Our Ideal Candidate
You are an independent, innovative, and resourceful QA engineer with advanced problem-solving skills, a high degree of competency in certifying enterprise software products for customer delivery, and enjoy working in a fast-paced product development organization. You are a quick learner, passionate, and experienced in testing components that are part of the distributed server infrastructure.
As part of the Quality testing team, you will be responsible for:
- Act as a QA representative performing duties as an individual contributor or a team member with 100% hands-on work
- Generate test data, develop and execute test plans for black-box functional and non-functional testing
- Work with R&D and QA in different geographical locations and time zones to resolve issues in a timely manner
- Work closely with QA and DEV Manager for continuous process improvement
- Participate actively in functional, system and regression testing activities to ensure automation is covered for all cases as part of every release
- Design, develop and maintain the test cases for end to end testing in product
- Communicate effectively with developers and QA peers and other stakeholders in the organization
- Strong academic background - BE/MS/MCA in Computer Science.
- 6+ years of QA experience.
- QA framework development experience is a must. Rest API based or UI
- Flexible to learn and explore new tech stack for framework development
- Code Coverage tools and Dev Code Debugging skills experience is must
- Experience with testing framework using Jmeter is a strong plus
- Experience with testing either CRM software(Salesforce, Siebel, etc) or cloud technologies, Microservice architecture, High availability is a strong plus
- Strong background in product testing particularly with large-scale enterprise products is desirable.
- Prior experience in testing MDM/DWH/ETL products a strong plus.
- New age DB technologies like document DB’s (Mongo, Document DB)
- Comprehensive understanding of SDLC and QA methodologies, procedures, and QA documentation.
- Familiar with all aspects of QA including functional, compatibility, load balancing and performance testing
- Experience in implementing complex functional tests that require an understanding of the application logic
- Experience working with Partners and across Organizations would be an added advantage.
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal)
- Excellent logical, analytical and troubleshooting skills
- The capability of working with a wide range of complex computing environment
- Willingness and ability to work on fast-paced projects
- Understanding and experience in UI technologies will be a strong plus
- Strong commitment to delivering high quality product
Seniority Level: Mid-Senior Level
Alternative Location(s) :
Community / Marketing Title: Lead QA Engineer
LinkedIN Hashtag: LI-MR2
Unleash Your Potential
A career with Informatica gives you all the opportunities and benefits that can only come from working for the trusted industry leader. By joining our team, you'll be able to solve real-life problems, make a difference, have a global impact, and join a supportive group of globally diverse teammates. We encourage you to be yourself, grow with us and unleash your potential.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Informatica is the enterprise cloud data management leader, helping enterprises overcome critical business challenges by leading with the power of data. Processing over 15 trillion cloud transactions a month, Informatica enables the world’s most innovative companies to take a cloud-first, cloud-native approach to modernize their data infrastructure, gain a 360-degree view of their business, and drive data governance and privacy. Informatica is the market leader in all five key categories of enterprise data management and has been the trusted partner to more than 9,500 customers. Connect with Informatica at www.informatica.com, LinkedIn, Twitter, and Facebook.
Conquering the Impossible with data, come join #LifeAtINFA!
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
Travel Requirement: Limited
Location_formattedLocationLong: Bangalore, Karnataka IN