IT Chief of Staff
Location: Redwood City, California US
Job Number: 28474
Position Title: Senior Director, Program Management (Non-Tech)
Informatica is currently looking for a Chief of Staff, Strategy & Operations reporting to the CIO with experience in high quality execution on strategic priorities to join our IT leadership team in Redwood City, CA.
As the Chief of Staff, working with the senior leaders and across his/her staff, this position will play a meaningful role in the IT leadership team, helping the team to execute on strategic priorities consistently and with high quality. The Chief of Staff role is designed to bring efficiency, process, and standardization to the organization and as such, will work alongside each of and interact with leaders across Informatica globally. In the role of the Chief of Staff, you must be able to work and adapt in a fluid, fast-paced environment. Working as the Chief of Staff you must have strong leadership, facilitation, negotiation, communication, and collaboration skills.
What You'll Do
- Organizational Alignment: Run recurring strategic and operational meetings, such as weekly leadership staff, monthly all-managers, and quarterly business reviews to ensure shared context, awareness, alignment; ensure actions are tracked and executed. Directly responsible for overall planning and Execution of All Hands meetings, including end-to-end logistics, working with the CIO to determine objectives and theme, working with the leadership team to collect and prepare content, support delivery, and solicit and organize employee feedback for areas of improvement.
- Organizational Strategy: Partnering with Human Resources, oversee and lead key logistical tasks like headcount planning and management, talent and compensation planning, succession planning etc. Collect and consolidate inputs from organization leaders pertaining to these topic areas. Make recommendations from the organization level point of view.
- Program Management: Orchestrate overall program/portfolio execution in collaboration with individual product/project managers; Consistently follow-through with senior leadership and all stakeholders. Identify risks, effectively manage risks; proactively raise prioritization and scheduling tradeoff decisions, escalating and identifying alternate options as appropriate. Be prepared to step in and actively project manage top level initiatives at CFO or CIO level where needed. It's likely that this person will play an overall Program Management role over the enterprise projects that fall under both the CFO and CIO's organizations.
- Organizational Health: Ensure leadership team is setting effective goals (migrating to OKRs in 2021), communicating with clarity and transparency to the organization and taking effective action on team culture topics. Help identify cultural areas for improvement and turn them into action. Could include but is not limited to team surveys, training, communication, transparency, etc.
- Communication & Reporting: Develop and execute on a communication framework for the organization that utilizes multiple tools, for audiences that range from the Board of Directors to new interns. Oversee business performance reporting and scale best practices across the organization.
- Product Management: Lead the IT Product Management discipline across all IT product streams as well as managing initiatives of strategic importance to the organization. Partner with product managers for planning, execution, reporting and budget management as well as driving status reporting, product roadmap updates, assisting with annual planning, and cross-functional interlocks.
- 15+ years of industry experience in operations, product/program/project management
- Experience managing complex projects which are often cross-functional while demonstrating exceptional business judgment and building relationships at all levels of the company.
- Fast learner who can quickly absorb the nuances of complex, interdependent situations.
- Ability to seek to understand, solve conceptual problems, wrangle resources, and deliver results in challenging situations.
- Strong sense of urgency balanced with patience and a sense of humor
What Does Success Look Like?
- You'll be able to distill complex thoughts and strategies into compelling stories and actionable recommendations. Including the capability to build high-quality re-usable presentations fit for board and EC consumption
- You'll stand out as a true leader, owning all levels of planning, setting milestones, managing budget where applicable, status reporting, dependency management and communication (but not directly responsible for BAs, developers etc) Execution is ultimately owned by the functional leaders in IT (CISO, VP Ops, VP Apps, CDO)
- You're a game-changer, who will proactively identify issues and appropriate escalation paths, with mitigation and strategies for resolution. Especially for essential programs but also for other organizational matters such as headcount and capability prioritization within product roadmaps
City: Redwood City
Alternative Location(s) :
Community / Marketing Title: IT Chief of Staff
Who We Are
Informatica empowers the world's most progressive companies to realize data-driven digital transformations that are changing the world. To do this, we live by our We "DATA" values. We Do Good, Act As One Team, Think Customer First, and Aspire For The Future. Together, we are conquering the impossible with data and changing what was once unimaginable into what’s now common—making lives richer, businesses stronger, and our world better.
Unleash Your Potential
A career with Informatica gives you all the opportunities and benefits that can only come from working for the trusted industry leader. By joining our team, you'll be able to solve real-life problems, make a difference, have a global impact, and join a supportive group of globally diverse teammates. We encourage you to be yourself, grow with us and unleash your potential.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Navigating COVID-19 and Beyond
- Since March 2020, our INFA Team have been working remotely to do our part to slow the spread of COVID-19
- During this time, work-life balance and the well-being of our team has been a priority for us. In lieu of not being in the office, our teams are actively participating online via video chats. You'll find groups connecting for online games, virtual break rooms, online training, yoga, morning coffee, and so much more!
- We're also offering all teammates the ability to expense home office items (monitor, chair, desk, etc…) to ensure that you're as comfortable as possible
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
Life at Informatica
Follow us to meet our team, learn more about life, careers, and events at Informatica. Conquering the Impossible with data, come join #LifeAtINFA!
Travel Requirement: Limited
Location_formattedLocationLong: Redwood City, California US