Principal Software Engineer
Location: Bangalore, Karnataka IN
Job Number: 30071
Position Title: Principal Software Engineer
Informatica’s Connectivity group is responsible for Informatica’s ever expanding data connectivity needs. It’s ‘Universal Connectivity’ theme drives Informatica’s vendor neutrality claim and serves as one of the key differentiators over our competitors. Informatica connectors provide connectivity to a wide variety of interfaces, prominent among them being Cloud Systems like AWS, Azure and Google cloud, Relational systems, Data warehouse appliances, Hadoop connectors, Web service endpoints and ERP systems (SAP, Oracle, and Microsoft).
The connector product team is responsible for research, development and delivery of connectivity needs to the Informatica Platform that is at the core of Informatica’s products. The connectors need to not only be highly performing, scalable and extensible, but also needs to provide differentiated and advanced features such as change data capture, push down optimization, filtering and update strategy to name a few.
Connectivity is foundational to Informatica’s Intelligent Data Platform on which all Informatica products are built. We are looking for a Principal Software Engineer who will lead a team of highly talented developers driving and delivering a cutting-edge platform working closely with Cross-Product teams, Product Managers, professional services. This is your opportunity to accelerate and deliver a highly scalable hybrid cloud and on-premise platform leveraging the latest big data and cloud technologies.
You will work in a fast-paced environment with a keen commitment to customer success and work very closely with cross functional teams, product managers and customers to shape the roadmap of the core platform.
The position is suited for highly motivated and energetic individuals with a desire to work on the development of high-performance products. You will work on delivering new products/product features in an environment that spans all flavors of Unix/Windows operating systems. You will work across multiple product lines and deliver solutions that benefit customers.
Research and development include areas such as:
Influence and champion Connectivity frameworks (Software Development Kits) to enable productive development of Connectivity solutions. This would include frameworks necessary on our Development Tools as well as our Runtime-platform side.
- Influence product direction and architecture while developing our next generation Connectivity solutions. There is a significant future architectural direction (based on model-driven architecture) and this position involves influencing, defining and refining this for the needs of this product area.
- Sustaining product base by responding to reported problems, investigating the cause and working out solutions.
- Supporting Product Management on POC’s and Customer engagements.
- Provide technical leadership focusing on research & development of new solutions while enhancing and maintaining existing products.
- Deliver high quality products.
- Product extensibility, including SDK/API definition for metadata, data and management components of products.
Our Ideal Candidate
You are a highly motivated professional who demonstrates strong programming and problem-solving skills along with the ability to quickly understand the product and grasp new technologies. You have a proven record of developing and delivering enterprise class software. You can work independently as well as with distributed teams. You are creative, innovative and like the excitement of working in a fast-paced environment that will solve real customer needs.
As part of the Development team, you will be responsible for
- Developing a scalable architecture that is easy to deploy both on-premise and the cloud for the connectivity platform
- Collaborating with several cross functional teams, architects, product managers and engineers
- Participate in architecture discussions, design and code reviews and provide timely feedback
- Proactively research and investigate external products and technologies identifying emerging trends and revise software development best practices to take advantage of these
- Work closely with our Global Customer Support teams to address critical customer issues
- Work closely with R&D counterparts and key stake holders for onboarding onto the connectivity platform
- Help architects and management staff envision product direction
- Providing technical guidance and mentoring to team members
- Hiring strong and diverse talent to strengthen the team
Bachelor’s or Master’s in Computer Science or a related discipline with at least 10+ years of experience
- Demonstrated experience architecting and developing large enterprise scale distributed, high performance platforms
- Very strong technical skills with the ability to evaluate key technical proposals and hire and mentor excellent engineers
- Experience with Java/Scala, Linux scripting, container technologies like Docker/Kubernetes and cloud architectures
- Experience delivering products on AWS, Azure or GCP
- Experience through the entire platform development lifecycle, building platforms from the ground up, onboarding stakeholders on the platform as well as supporting successful adoption of products and customers on the platform.
- Excellent presentation skills, sharing technical decisions and discuss complex technical details with cross-functional teams, executives and external partners
- Working knowledge on technologies around persistence, search, graph and distributed technologies
- Deep knowledge of Spark and Big Data technologies
- Knowledge on secure development practices
Seniority Level: Mid-Senior Level
Alternative Location(s) :
Community / Marketing Title: Principal Software Engineer
LinkedIN Hashtag: LI-MR2
Unleash Your Potential
A career with Informatica gives you all the opportunities and benefits that can only come from working for the trusted industry leader. By joining our team, you'll be able to solve real-life problems, make a difference, have a global impact, and join a supportive group of globally diverse teammates. We encourage you to be yourself, grow with us and unleash your potential.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Informatica is the enterprise cloud data management leader, helping enterprises overcome critical business challenges by leading with the power of data. Processing over 15 trillion cloud transactions a month, Informatica enables the world’s most innovative companies to take a cloud-first, cloud-native approach to modernize their data infrastructure, gain a 360-degree view of their business, and drive data governance and privacy. Informatica is the market leader in all five key categories of enterprise data management and has been the trusted partner to more than 9,500 customers. Connect with Informatica at www.informatica.com, LinkedIn, Twitter, and Facebook.
Conquering the Impossible with data, come join #LifeAtINFA!
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
Travel Requirement: Limited
Location_formattedLocationLong: Bangalore, Karnataka IN