Lead Product Specialist
Location: Toronto, Ontario CA
Job Number: 30578
Position Title: Lead Product Specialist
Lead Product Specialist
Provides technical product specific support to field technical support engineers who are diagnosing and troubleshooting complex software. Reports design, reliability and maintenance problems or bugs to software engineering. Provides support to both internal / external customer/users where the product is highly technical or sophisticated in nature. Works closely with internal development and support staff to solve technical product problems and provide third line support. Primary responsibilities involve troubleshooting complex technical problems and working with the customer and Informatica development to resolve technical roadblocks. Will also facilitate, drive and support the customers' implementation process, working closely with our customers' implementation teams and Informatica technical support. Assumes customer relationship ownership of issues until they are resolved or escalated to the proper resources in a timely manner.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
• Manages technical issues on a daily basis, including assessment, isolation, and diagnosis of the problem
• Suggests potential fixes to Research & Development to resolve the issue.
• Provide technical assistance and advice to partners, sales engineers, and post-sales consultants.
• Replicate product bugs to determine the problem root-cause(s), issue work-arounds and solutions.
• Coordinate with Quality Assurance and Engineering teams to provide assistance in identifying, reporting and resolving product defects.
• Contribute knowledge via authoring and reviewing whitepapers, articles etc.
• Provide regular reports to management that measure the effectiveness of the technical support function.
• At this level, uses professional concepts & objectives to resolve complex issues in creative ways.
• Works on critical escalation and collaborates with other functions for quicker resolution.
• Determines methods/procedures on new assignments and provide guidance.
• May serve as a team lead to others and be responsible for monitoring, assignment, or review of cases.
• Provides technical feedback of assigned cases.
• Assists manager in the development of the team's skill gaps.
• Ensures backlog is contained and maintains technical management of the cases.
• Works only on specific areas based on the criticality and complexity of the issues.
• May participate, organize, or contribute to technical forums (CoE discussions).
• Contributes to the product life cycle management.
Knowledge & Skills
• Holds expert-level experience and uses professional concepts and company objectives to resolve complex issues in creative and effective ways.
• Works on complex issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors.
• Exercises judgment in methods, techniques, and evaluation criteria for obtaining results.
• Leverages business acumen and subject matter expertise.
•Thorough understanding of Informatica business priorities, strategy and direction.
• Works across the organization and maintains/builds strong working relationships based in experiences/past interactions.
• Handle Critical escalation accounts and works across teams for quicker resolution.
• Uses developing leadership skills to meet work objectives and to influence and mentor the work of others within the functional area.
• Works on issues requiring analytical, problem solving skills, often requiring the application of defined procedures and policies to determine appropriate action.
• Communicate effectively to all stakeholder on critical escalations.
• Develops subordinate and peer relationships through knowledge transfer and mentoring.
• BA/BS or equivalent educational background is preferred.
• Minimum 8+ years of relevant professional experience.
Seniority Level: Mid-Senior Level
Alternative Location(s) :
Community / Marketing Title: Lead Product Specialist
LinkedIN Hashtag: LI-JL1
Unleash Your Potential
A career with Informatica gives you all the opportunities and benefits that can only come from working for the trusted industry leader. By joining our team, you'll be able to solve real-life problems, make a difference, have a global impact, and join a supportive group of globally diverse teammates. We encourage you to be yourself, grow with us and unleash your potential.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Informatica is the enterprise cloud data management leader, helping enterprises overcome critical business challenges by leading with the power of data. Processing over 15 trillion cloud transactions a month, Informatica enables the world’s most innovative companies to take a cloud-first, cloud-native approach to modernize their data infrastructure, gain a 360-degree view of their business, and drive data governance and privacy. Informatica is the market leader in all five key categories of enterprise data management and has been the trusted partner to more than 9,500 customers. Connect with Informatica at www.informatica.com, LinkedIn, Twitter, and Facebook.
Conquering the Impossible with data, come join #LifeAtINFA!
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
Travel Requirement: Limited
Location_formattedLocationLong: Toronto, Ontario CA