Senior Director, Program Management
Location: Redwood City, CA, USA
Job Number: 34257
Position Title: Senior Director, Program Management (Non-Tech)
Senior Director Technical Program Management
The Products Organization at Informatica is fast growing and rapidly transforming to support the needs of its customers with cloud first and cloud native solutions on its flagship IDMC platform. The cloud first cloud native product development and deployment program is fully metrics driven, highly agile and consistently meeting customer expectations release after release.
In this role as a Head of Technical Program Management for Informatica’s Cloud Products, as part of the Engineering Organization, reporting into Engineering Chief of Staff, you will be leading a team of senior program managers. Your program team will be responsible for all the Informatica cloud Product Releases, process innovation standardization and strengthening initiatives.
You will work directly with senior leaders across all functions, communicate and collaborate effectively to deliver strategic cloud program management excellence.
Our Ideal Candidate
A leader with exceptional organizational skills and a keen eye for standardization and innovation in the processes. You have a history of leading technical Program management team which support multiple product teams to deliver our roadmap on-time and on budget. You are a strategic thinker who can balance strategy with detailed execution. You can think quickly make quality decisions despite ambiguity, is highly motivated and self-driven to make a difference. You are a thought partner to senior leaders to effectively deliver innovative and actionable solutions. You are an expert in agile/SDLC and proven track record of transformation building out frameworks and processes.
The successful candidate will be based in Redwood City, CA and will:
- Senior Director will lead the centralized Engineering cloud Program Management team, supporting R&D and others as needed
- Create an engagement model, conduct deep dives, and collaborate with all stakeholders including product owners and other functions to understand friction points, and ensure proposed actions plans are executed and enablement is driven by needs, gaps, and priorities.
- Enforce consistency and standardized processes across the team and the broader organization
- Provide leadership and oversight to a team of technical program/project managers, including goal and performance management
- Responsible for coaching and mentoring on Agile/Scrum/Lean principles and practices
- Drive preparation and readiness for Gate reviews, program activities and use strong technical and business acumen to manage risks
- Be the champion for the Engineering development process, the quality of our software, and the delivery of the product
- Be the driving force to collect and analyze operational metrics and plan productivity improvements
- Deploy a framework for assessing, designing, and deploying Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and produce high quality, timely and insightful metrics to enable decision making across the organization.
- 15 plus years of relevant experience with a Bachelor’s/Master’s Degree
- Must have expertise in large scale program management and product delivery in an enterprise software organization; SaaS experience is a plus
- Knowledge of cloud service providers (AWS, Azure, GCP), private cloud technologies, software, and data engineering.
- Proven track record of success in driving cross-functional collaboration & projects
- Must have direct management of technical project/program managers and experience with coaching for success
- Exceptional knowledge of SDLC/ Agile/Scrum/Lean principles and practices; Experience working with Engineering teams in Agile organizations; Previous experience of defining cloud SDLC and as-a-service KPIs and underlying metrics.
- Experience with agile collaboration and reporting tools such as Jira, confluence, Tableau and Power BI etc.
- Outstanding organizational, communication, and relationship building skills conducive to driving consensus; able to work well in a cross-functional global environment.
- Experience handling strategic organization wide programs with strong organizational, influencing skills throughout all levels in the organization including senior leadership and adept in executive communication.
- Strong leadership, enthusiasm, and accountability with high attention to detail and quality; Comfortable bending between the tactical and strategic.
- Ability to fetch information from various sources and analyze it to get a clear understanding of organizational KPI and a knack for predicting trends and identifying patterns
- Project Management Professional (PMP®/PMI) and Certified ScrumMaster (CSM) or Scaled Agile Framework Program Consultant (SAFe SPC) is a plus
City: Redwood City
Seniority Level: Director
Alternative Location(s) :
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Director, Program Management
Remote LinkedIn Hashtag:
LinkedIN Hashtag: LI-SD1
Where data is poised for greatness
A career with Informatica gives you all the opportunities and benefits that can only come from working for the trusted industry leader. By joining our team, you'll be able to solve real-life problems, make a difference, have a global impact, and join a supportive group of globally diverse teammates. We encourage you to be yourself, grow with us and help us create a world where data is poised for greatness.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
We’re driven by our DATA values and we are passionate about building and delivering solutions that accelerate data innovations.
Perks and Benefits:
- Inclusion, diversity, equality and belonging (IDEB) – our commitment to fostering a culture that celebrates our unique differences
- Comprehensive and competitive health and wellness benefits, including paid parental leave and adoption benefits, and 401k plan or international pension/retirement plans
- Flexible time-off policy and hybrid working practices
- Global recognition program for employees and leaders to reward and recognize each other
- Global learning organization with mentorship opportunities and a tuition reimbursement program to support your professional and personal growth
- Equity opportunities and a robust employee stock purchase program (ESPP)
- Comprehensive Mental Health and Employee Assistance Program (EAP) benefit
- Referral Bonuses
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
Informatica, the Enterprise Cloud Data Management leader, empowers businesses to realize the transformative power of data. We have pioneered a new category of software, the Informatica Intelligent Data Management Cloud (IDMC), powered by AI and a cloud-first, cloud-native, end-to-end data management platform that connects, manages and unifies data across any multi-cloud, hybrid system, empowering enterprises to modernize and advance their data strategies. Customers in more than 100 countries and 85 of the Fortune 100 rely on Informatica to drive data-led digital transformation. For more information, visit us at www.informatica.com, LinkedIn, Twitter, and Facebook.
Travel Requirement: Limited
Location_formattedLocationLong: Redwood City, California US