Principal Software Engineer
Location: Bangalore, Karnataka IN
Job Number: 27160
Position Title: Principal Software Engineer
Informatica’s Master Data Management (MDM) product group builds products that deliver consolidated and reliable business-critical data to improve business operations. This single view of data, also known as master data across the enterprise, helps leading firms in financial services, life sciences, manufacturing, healthcare, government, energy and other industries drive key business imperatives like increased revenue, profits and ROI by empowering business users with consolidated and reliable business-critical data—such as customers, products, channel partners, suppliers—and the relationships between data.
We are currently looking for a Principal Software Engineer with a desire to work on the development of products. You will primarily work on designing and developing product features for the next generation Informatica MDM, a multi-tenant software-as-a-service (SaaS) MDM platform for the existing on premise & hosted solutions. You will be based out of our office in Bengaluru, India.
Day-to-day Duties? Here's What You'll Be Doing
- Drive innovation and discussions to create and improve product, process and technology.
- Design and architect complex non-functional features including Security / Scaling / Multi-Tenancy / High Availability / Disaster Recovery / Customization and Zero Downtime patching
- Promote and apply engineering best-practices including code reviews, design/architecture reviews, unit testing code coverage review
- Work with product managers, quality assurance engineers and user experience designers to build the best products for our users
- Mentor junior members in the team
- Work in geographically dispersed team of highly motivated and energetic professionals.
- B.Tech/M.Tech in Computer Science or related field
- 7+ years of Java based enterprise software development experience
- Must be hands on, strong individual contributor, capable of providing technical leadership and direction to cross-functional teams.
- Strong expertise in BigData ecosystem
- Strong systems fundamentals related to performance, scale and cloud.
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills within an organization.
What We’d Like to See
- Must possess the ability to work collaboratively with cross-functional teams and business stakeholders
- Must demonstrate excellent written or oral communication skills including the ability to clearly articulate ideas and messages
- Very good organizing, time management and priority setting skills
- Ability to handle high-pressure situations with clarity, focus and professionalism
Alternative Location(s) :
Community / Marketing Title: Principal Software Engineer
Who We Are
Informatica empowers the world's most progressive companies to realize data-driven digital transformations that are changing the world. To do this, we live by our We "DATA" values. We Do Good, Act As One Team, Think Customer First, and Aspire For The Future. Together, we are conquering the impossible with data and changing what was once unimaginable into what’s now common—making lives richer, businesses stronger, and our world better.
Unleash Your Potential
A career with Informatica gives you all the opportunities and benefits that can only come from working for the trusted industry leader. By joining our team, you'll be able to solve real-life problems, make a difference, have a global impact, and join a supportive group of globally diverse teammates. We encourage you to be yourself, grow with us and unleash your potential.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Navigating COVID-19 and Beyond
- Since March 2020, our INFA Team have been working remotely to do our part to slow the spread of COVID-19
- During this time, work-life balance and the well-being of our team has been a priority for us. In lieu of not being in the office, our teams are actively participating online via video chats. You'll find groups connecting for online games, virtual break rooms, online training, yoga, morning coffee, and so much more!
- We're also offering all teammates the ability to expense home office items (monitor, chair, desk, etc…) to ensure that you're as comfortable as possible
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
Life at Informatica
Follow us to meet our team, learn more about life, careers, and events at Informatica. Conquering the Impossible with data, come join #LifeAtINFA!
Travel Requirement: Limited
Location_formattedLocationLong: Bangalore, Karnataka IN