Lead QA Engineer
Location: Bangalore, Karnataka IN
Job Number: 28393
Position Title: Lead QA Engineer
We’re currently looking for a Lead Software Development Engineer in Test with experience in Java Programming, developing test applications or automating using Selenium and TestNG to join our team in Bangalore, India.
Our Ideal Candidate You are a self-motivated professional who demonstrates the ability to quickly grasp new technologies, products, and use cases. You are able to come up proper test strategy with features cross multiple services. You are bright and intellectually curious; deal with concepts and complexity comfortably; are capable, adaptable and agile. The team crosses continents, and as such, communication in all forms is essential to success in this role. You will be expected to demonstrate an excellent working knowledge of Java programming, developing test applications or automating using JUnit/TestNG/Selenium. The ideal candidate will have had experience in QA and has a good handle on scripting and SQL.
As our Lead Software Development Engineer in Test, you will be responsible for below mentioned day-to-day duties. You must be able to work and adapt in a fluid, fast-paced environment, must have strong technical, communication, collaboration, and leadership skills
Technology You’ll Use
- Java, AWS/Azure/GCP stack, Kubernetes, Jenkins for CI/CD, chef recipes, Selenium, ROBOT for UI automation, Postman/Newman for REST endpoint testing, sum logic, JIRA, Microservices.
Day-to-day Duties? Here's What You'll Be Doing
- Technically work closely with the team of engineers to ensure good quality releases of Informatica Cloud Products. Provides technical leadership, and cross-team coordination for other team members for their projects.
- Consistently mentor junior engineers to improve their technical ability.
- Participate in product functional reviews, test specifications, documentation review of Informatica Cloud product, one of the fastest growing integration products
- Collaborate effectively with peer engineers and architects to solve complex problems spanning their respective areas to deliver end-to-end quality in our technology and customer experience
- Actively work on testing upgrade / deployment pipelines of Informatica Cloud product.
- Work on enhancing or developing UI / Backend / Rest based automation frameworks.
- Design, develop and review test plans; test cases based upon functional and design specifications
- Design, develop and maintain test cases in JUnit/TestNG/Selenium.
- Participate actively in functional, system, Stress and regression testing activities
- Execute test cases, analyze and report test results to product teams.
- Work closely with the development team to analyze, debug and resolve any issues
- Influence development managers to ensure appropriate levels of quality on owned technologies
- Influence and communicate effectively with non-technical audience including senior product and business management
- Estimate and perform risk analysis early in the cycle for large features
- Bachelor or Master degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or similar technical degree; advanced degree a plus
- 7+ years of experience in software testing or development using Java
- 2+ year experience with Docker and cloud platforms (AWS, Azure, GCP)
- 1+ year experience with Kubernetes
- Strong knowledge in RDBMS and experience writing SQL scripts
- Strong working knowledge in Unix/Windows Operating system; any scripting language is a must
- Experience in developing test cases by using Junit/TestNG/Selenium is a must
- Experience in backend automation with tools such Eclipse, Maven (projects management), Java, REST-based framework
- Knowledge in testing micro service architecture in sizing, resiliency, rolling deployment/upgrade
- Excellent problem solving, analytical skills and technical troubleshooting skills
- Clarity and precision in verbal and written communication
- Familiarity with software development life cycles and agile programming methodologies
What We’d Like to See
- Experience in using JMeter is a plus
Alternative Location(s) :
Community / Marketing Title: Lead QA Engineer
Who We Are
Informatica empowers the world's most progressive companies to realize data-driven digital transformations that are changing the world. To do this, we live by our We "DATA" values. We Do Good, Act As One Team, Think Customer First, and Aspire For The Future. Together, we are conquering the impossible with data and changing what was once unimaginable into what’s now common—making lives richer, businesses stronger, and our world better.
Unleash Your Potential
A career with Informatica gives you all the opportunities and benefits that can only come from working for the trusted industry leader. By joining our team, you'll be able to solve real-life problems, make a difference, have a global impact, and join a supportive group of globally diverse teammates. We encourage you to be yourself, grow with us and unleash your potential.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Navigating COVID-19 and Beyond
- Since March 2020, our INFA Team have been working remotely to do our part to slow the spread of COVID-19
- During this time, work-life balance and the well-being of our team has been a priority for us. In lieu of not being in the office, our teams are actively participating online via video chats. You'll find groups connecting for online games, virtual break rooms, online training, yoga, morning coffee, and so much more!
- We're also offering all teammates the ability to expense home office items (monitor, chair, desk, etc…) to ensure that you're as comfortable as possible
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
Life at Informatica
Follow us to meet our team, learn more about life, careers, and events at Informatica. Conquering the Impossible with data, come join #LifeAtINFA!
Travel Requirement: Limited
Location_formattedLocationLong: Bangalore, Karnataka IN