Principal Software Engineer_UI
Location: Bangalore, Karnataka IN
Job Number: 29652
Position Title: Principal Software Engineer
Excited to join the team that is building next generation enterprise cloud product? You are in the right place. Our group, Metadata Foundation R&D is on an ambitious mission to discover, analyze and map all data and information flows in the enterprise; providing intelligence that allows customers to unlock the power of data. It empowers customers to find, classify, catalog and analyze data assets and data flows across systems; understand and address data security risks; govern data quality and data flows in the enterprise. The group is responsible for providing a unified, highly scalable and extensible metadata cataloging and visualization foundation for our fast-growing Data Catalog, Data Security and Data Governance applications and fueling intelligence for our broader Enterprise Cloud Data Management offerings in Cloud.
We’re currently looking for a Principal Software Engineer with full stack development experience in building enterprise cloud product with hyper scale to join our team in Redwood City to be part of our cloud journey.
As a Principal Software Engineer, you will work with a world class Engineering team to design and build next generation microservices based Enterprise Cloud platform using latest cutting-edge cloud technologies such as Amazon AWS. You will be responsible for architecture, design and building our next generation cloud product. In the role of Principal Software Engineer, you must be able to work in and adapt to a fluid, fast-paced environment. Working as a Principal Software Engineer, you must have strong communication, collaboration, technical and leadership skills
Technology You’ll Use not limited to the following:
- Docker and cloud platforms (AWS, Azure), cloud log services (Sumologic, Splunk), cloud application monitoring tools (AppDynamics, NewRelic)
- J2EE Spring Framework, Persistence Framework, Java SDK, web service protocol stack, REST, XML, JSON
- MVC and coding patterns, object-oriented programming skills; good understanding of data structures and algorithms
- Unit testing techniques for Web UI, Ant, JUnit, Eclipse
Day-to-day Duties? Here's What You'll Be Doing
- Work with Product and Engineering leadership team to understand the vision, product roadmap and build the key product capabilities.
- Take part in the full application development lifecycle and own the technology product roadmap
- Investigating, designing, and developing features individually or with a small team, and composing feature design documents
- Leading feature development and following through with other team members to ensure high quality and predictable delivery
- Providing detailed estimates of projects and meeting project schedules
- Assist with product delivery by writing code, unit testing, automated test suites and reviewing pull requests
- Giving iteration demos to show progress against requirements
- Participating in internal/cross team meetings, scoping, decision making and technical documentation
- Mentoring junior engineers on technical, architectural, design and related issues
- Proactively identifying architectural weaknesses and recommending appropriate solutions
- Taking architectural ownership of functional areas in the product
- Assisting customers and field engineers with troubleshooting issues and problems
- Keep up-to-date on the latest and greatest tools and solutions that will best serve the business
- Solid experience designing and developing solutions using Java or .NET, Cloud platforms like AWS, Azure, GCP
- Proficiency with Cloud technologies such as AWS Cloud (EC2, EC2 Container Service, Kubernetes), Azure, GCP
- Excellent cloud experience including but not limited to multi-tenancy, secured application, high availability, Micro Services, telemetry,
- Excellent hands on experience with Object Oriented Design and development like Java, Microsoft.NET and good experience in Relational Database like Oracle, SQL Server, NoSQL
- Leads the development of code for new or existing software of significant complexity, that may involve coordination of multiple teams/development workstreams.
- Owns a major technology or common shareable feature across several projects.
- Negotiates process, metrics and targets with external teams.
- Authors, reviews and approves requirements and designs for domains within multiple projects.
- Recognized as an expert and acts within the team as ""go to person.""
- structures and algorithms within domain that result in significant performance improvements
- Knowledge of CI/CD pipelines, IaC, Terraform, Ansible, test automation frameworks, Git Repository
- Building Application with Micro Services with end to end low latency response
- Can quickly get up to speed on any project or technology.
- Experience with migrating legacy applications to cloud adhering to best practices
- Excellent communication skills (written, verbal, interpersonal)
Education / Experience
- 12+ years’ experience in software engineering with Cloud Development experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
Seniority Level: Mid-Senior Level
Alternative Location(s) :
Community / Marketing Title: Principal Software Engineer_UI
LinkedIN Hashtag: LI-CT1
Unleash Your Potential
A career with Informatica gives you all the opportunities and benefits that can only come from working for the trusted industry leader. By joining our team, you'll be able to solve real-life problems, make a difference, have a global impact, and join a supportive group of globally diverse teammates. We encourage you to be yourself, grow with us and unleash your potential.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Informatica is the enterprise cloud data management leader, helping enterprises overcome critical business challenges by leading with the power of data. Processing over 15 trillion cloud transactions a month, Informatica enables the world’s most innovative companies to take a cloud-first, cloud-native approach to modernize their data infrastructure, gain a 360-degree view of their business, and drive data governance and privacy. Informatica is the market leader in all five key categories of enterprise data management and has been the trusted partner to more than 9,500 customers. Connect with Informatica at www.informatica.com, LinkedIn, Twitter, and Facebook.
Conquering the Impossible with data, come join #LifeAtINFA!
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
Travel Requirement: Limited
Location_formattedLocationLong: Bangalore, Karnataka IN